Complete Powerup List (SPOILERS)

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

xyzyxx
level5
level5

Complete Powerup List (SPOILERS)

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:34 am

I wrote this myself. There are bound to be incorrect informations. Discuss them in this thread and I will edit this post accordingly. This thread is marked "SPOILERS" for people who wish to learn the hard way what each crate does.

Air Strike - Allows you to launch an Air Strike attack upon an area of the map. Air Strikes affect a small area and are capable of damaging and killing all types of units.

Ant Nest - Allows you to place an Ant Nest on the map. Ants will come out and attack anyone that comes near, including the team that created them.

Ant Spawn - An Ant Nest instantly appears at the location the crate was opened.

Armour - Allows you to create Armour. Armour will let you transport up to 100 Multiwinians across any terrain and unload them at a specific point. Armour will explode when it is terminated with the C key, killing all Multiwinians that are near it along with those inside it.

Crate Mania - This crate activates immediately. About eight crates will fall from the sky all at once.

Dark Forest - Allows you to place a Dark Forest on the map. Dark Forests will consume the souls of nearby Multiwinians. It can also corrupt nearby Magical Forests or normal trees and turn them into more Dark Forest. They can also be set on fire.

Dark Forest Spawn - A Dark Forest will immediately grow at the location the crate was opened.

Eggs - Allows you to place some Eggs on the map. The creatures from these eggs will be affiliated with the team that creates them and will only attack opposing teams. Creatures may include Virii, Spiders, Centipedes, Spore Generators, and more Eggs. If one of the Eggs contains more Eggs, a Soul Destroyer may hatch from these second-level Eggs. Soul Destroyers do not affiliate themselves and will attack all teams.

Engineer - Allows you to create an Engineer. It will collect fallen souls and carry them to one of your nearby Spawn Points, creating more Multiwinians for your army. An Engineer can carry up to 25 souls at a time.

Flame Turret - Allows you to place a Flame Turret on the map. Flame Turrets will shoot flames that can set enemy units on fire. It will also ignite your own units if they get in the way. Turrets can be controlled manually (left click to select, right click to fire, space bar to deselect) Turrets can be hijacked by enemy Multiwinians if they get too close.

Futurewinians - A spaceship descends from the sky and uses an abduction beam to capture some Multiwinians It does not discern between teams. The ship will then place Futurewinians on the map. They have the power to fire Subversion rays at their opponents. The Futurewinians become an additional team that can earn points in the game and potentially become the winner.

Gun Turret - Allows you to place a Gun Turret on the map. Gun Turrets will shoot high powered bullets at enemy units. These bullets can also damage nearby Anthills. They will also kill your units if they get in the way. Turrets can be controlled manually (left click to select, right click to fire, space bar to deselect) Turrets can be hijacked by enemy Multiwinians if they get too close.

Harvester - Allows you to create a Harvester. Harvesters can suck up fallen souls quickly and carry them to one of your nearby Spawn Points, creating more Multiwinians for your army. A Harvester can carry up to 100 souls at a time.

Hot Feet - Allows you to cast a Hot Feet spell on a group of your Multiwinians. When Hot Feet is activated, the Multiwinians will move at double their normal speed.

Infection Outbreak - The crate will release black Spam Rays as it opens. These Spam Rays can transform nearby Multiwinians into Black Virii, Black Spiders, and Evilwinians. Evilwinians, like Futurewinians, are a team that can earn points for itself and potentially win the game. Evilwinians and Black monsters are immune to Dark Forests, and are ignored by Soul Destroyers and Ants.

Magical Forest - A Magical Forest will grow at the location the crate was opened. Magical forests produce Souls that can be collected by Engineers, Harvesters, and Virii. They can also be set on fire.

Mega Rage - This crate is the same as Rage, except that it takes effect instantly and affects all Multiwinians on the map, not just yours.

Meteor Shower - Allows you to launch a Meteor attack upon an area of the map. Meteor attacks affect a wide area, and are capable of destroying all types of units. It also slows down the game for a bit, similar to Slow Down.

Napalm - Allows you to launch a Napalm Strike upon an area of the map. This works the same as an Air Strike, except that it sets fire to things rather than destroying them explosively.

Nuke - Allows you to launch a Nuclear Attack upon an area of the map. Nukes affect a medium sized area and can damage and destroy all types of units. It takes some time for the nukes to reach their designated target.

Personal Shield - Allows you to cast a Personal Shield spell on a group of your Multiwinians. Personal Shield protects your Multiwinians from damage for a limited time.

Plague Outbreak - This crate instantly infects all nearby Multiwinians with Plague. Infected Multiwinians are identified by a green glow. Plague will spread to any Multiwinians the infected ones come into contact with. Infected Multiwinians will ignore your orders much of the time, they may throw grenades randomly (or rockets if they are Rocketwinians) and they will die a short while after being infected.

Rage - Allows you to cast a Rage spell on a group of your Multiwinians. This allows the Multiwinians to fire their lasers continuously for a limited time.

Randomiser - This creates a small area effect for a short time at the location the crate was opened. Their team colors will be randomized, i.e. some of them will change to the colors of your opponents' teams.

Reinforcements - 100 Multiwinians will spring forth from the crate as it opens. Their color will be the same as the team that opened the crate.

Rocket Turret - Allows you to place a Rocket Turret on the map. Rocket Turrets will shoot explosive rockets at enemy units. They will also kill your units if they get in the way. Turrets can be controlled manually (left click to select, right click to fire, space bar to deselect) Turrets can be hijacked by enemy Multiwinians if they get too close.

Rocketwinians - This crate takes effect instantly and affects all Multiwinians on your team. The Multiwinians' Grenade attack will be replaced by a Rocket attack for the remainder of the game.

Slow Down - This crate takes effect instantly. Everything, including the game clock itself, slows down for a short time.

Spawn Mania - This crate activates immediately. All occupied spawn points on the map will spawn continuously for a few seconds. This will not affect teams that have already reached their population cap.

Speed Up - This crate takes effect instantly. Everything, including the game clock itself, moves faster for a short time.

Squad - Allows you to create a Squad. Squads are directly controllable (left click to move, right click to fire, both click to fire grenades.) A squad dies automatically 60 seconds after being created.

Subversion - Allows you to cast a Subversion spell on a group of your Mulwiwinians. This gives them Subversion Rays which can convert enemy Multiwinians to your color. If Multiwinians with Subversion active are manning a Turret, the turret will fire Subversion rays instead of bullets.

Triffids - Triffids will appear immediately at the location the crate was opened. Triffids spew Eggs that hatch viral units. These units will attack all teams.
Last edited by xyzyxx on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Flamester
level0

Postby Flamester » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:42 am

For one I have never seen a soul destroyer attack an Evilwinian.
You also should mention that nuke takes some time to actually start killing things.
XF Clohvn
level1
level1

Re: Complete Powerup List (SPOILERS)

Postby XF Clohvn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:30 am

I just have a few small tips and additions to make:

Air Strike - Can also be useful for lighting forests on fire.

Ants - Ants collect souls and bring them back to their nest, presumably to make more ants. Ants can be absolutely devastating around a spawn point, but can also be very difficult to remove. Try to use them at your enemies' rear spawns rather than spawns you hope to capture.

Armour - You can press C with an armour selected to cause it to explode, which can kill a fairly significant number of Multiwinians and damage turrets.

Eggs - Multiwinians will attack unhatched eggs, so they should be placed far enough away to have time to hatch for best effect. Eggs work very well in magical forests as the abundance of souls allows the virus to spread quickly (ie. centipedes get larger, virii spread faster).

Turrets - Any turret can be manually controlled (when manned) by clicking on it. This is sometimes advisable as turrets do not actually attack to their maximum range automatically.

Meteor Shower - Meteors arrive surprisingly quickly for their devastating power, and as such can be used on large mobile forces.

Napalm - Napalm is considerably more destructive if its used where there is foliage (dark/magic/normal forest) to burn.

Nuke - Nukes are excellent for removing entrenched positions and turrets due to their high damage but very long response time.

Plague Outbreak - Plagued Multiwinians are best quarantined, or better yet, used as a weapon. The plagued Multiwinians can still be loaded into armours, allowing you to drop the plague into enemy forces or spawn points. Keep plagued Multiwinians away from your spawns at all costs, as they are very difficult to remove and can effectively shut down a spawn for long periods of time.

Squad - Squads are quite fragile, so they are best used by staying out of Multiwinians' range and lobbing grenades.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:48 am

Note that Evilwinians, SDs, and Ant nests are all on the Evilwinian team.
Also, Evilwinians are immune to flame (or were, last time I checked- might have finally been changed, but I doubt it).

Shwart!!
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Re: Complete Powerup List (SPOILERS)

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:19 pm

XF Clohvn wrote:I just have a few small tips and additions to make:
The point of this thread wasn't to discuss strategy, only to describe the crates and their effects, so I won't be adding hints and tips to the 1st post. You are, of course, welcome to discuss them here anyway.

Shwart!! wrote:Note that Evilwinians, SDs, and Ant nests are all on the Evilwinian team.
Also, Evilwinians are immune to flame (or were, last time I checked- might have finally been changed, but I doubt it).

Shwart!!
I assume Black viral units are on this team as well?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:29 pm

Conventional wisdom suggests that anything that's black will be on team evil. Anything that's white is probably allied with the futurewinians, but I'm not sure I've seen any white virii. Maybe something for people who're messing with the editor?

Some virus powerups create units allied with you (hence pink virii). Some virus powerups create units on team evil, I'm not sure how things work out specifically on a per powerup basis, or how perfect the unit recolouring systems are.
film11
level3
level3

Postby film11 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Good list! One correction and one little information addition though:

If a plague affects rocketwinians, they'll fire rockets into the air randomly. Looks pretty impressive :)

The randomiser will continue to randomise Multiwinians in the area of effect (around the crate), even those that have already been randomised once.
aaaaaaaaaahahaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ahahahaaah ahhhh aaaah.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:14 pm

Rocketwinians isn't time limited - it effects your team for the remainder of the game.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:27 pm

Icepick wrote:Rocketwinians isn't time limited - it effects your team for the remainder of the game.
Really? Wow. Does it also affect Multiwinians that are spawned after the crate is opened or only the ones that were alive at that time?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:48 pm

xyzyxx wrote:
Icepick wrote:Rocketwinians isn't time limited - it effects your team for the remainder of the game.
Really? Wow. Does it also affect Multiwinians that are spawned after the crate is opened or only the ones that were alive at that time?

It affects all your multiwinians for the remainder of the game.
Flamester
level0

Postby Flamester » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:34 am

Subversion can also be used on turrets.
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:01 am

Flamester wrote:Subversion can also be used on turrets.

Isn't this because it works on the MWs operating the turrets?
Flamester
level0

Postby Flamester » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:17 am

It's because 4 made it that way.
All I know is that when i have MWGs operating the turret, and I use subversion on the turret, the turret fires the subversion lasers.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:33 am

4?
Oh, right.
No.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:37 am

IV is not a Roman numeral. :P
Last edited by xyzyxx on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”