Does this game make you feel a bit sad?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

spartan123123
level0

Does this game make you feel a bit sad?

Postby spartan123123 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:55 am

Multiwinia makes me feel a bit depressed after completing Darwinia, I mean after everything you fought for, in the end the Darwinians turn on each other and fight each other.

I also feel a bit sad because of the fact that Darwinia was Dr. Sepulveda's life work and he even said it was painful to see them kill their own kin even though they were corrupted with the Virus in the first game, he wanted it to continue long after his life, but not with war. I know it's just a video game, but it is one of my favorites and I would like to see what you guys think as well.
Colytic
Site Admin

Re: Does this game make you feel a bit sad?

Postby Colytic » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:33 pm

I confess I never played much Darwinia. It could see how brilliant is was but it just didn't appeal to me, unlike the chaos of Multiwinia. That was a few years ago though. I might dig it out and try again.
Urammar
level0

Postby Urammar » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:41 am

A necro eons later, but im convinced this is why multiwinia never took off. I mean, in fairness, it is very simple even for the time for a competitive multiplayer, but you need that central core audience playing and singing its praises.

I've never played much multiwinia for this exact reason. Also the killing haha. The entire first game had me build this deep emotional connection to these little dudes, and now I'm supposed to send them in by the thousands and watch them burn? For like, fuel for a rocket ship? A statue?

This was NOT the game to explore this multiplayer idea. If anything this made me hate war even more.

If you played the first game, this is a game about watching all your friends die for no reason, over petty differences and resource exhaustion.

Also, the greens tried to genocide some of the other races? Because of shamans whoever they are?

I love introversion, but this game made me realize they didn't at all understand the product they made. Cemented by them quite literally taking the Darwinians out the back and shooting them. In a literal video they posted of them doing just that. That's like Nintendo blowing away Pikachu in an execution because they kinda got a bit burnt out about making the show.

The lore is very realistic, tbh, but its absolutely brutal to see them fight the way they do, and not in a fun way.
Dorhesional
level0

Postby Dorhesional » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:17 pm

nice thx bro

Return to “General”