Can I reassign my serial key?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

cowboygeek
level0

Can I reassign my serial key?

Postby cowboygeek » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 pm

I just got a new computer and I'd like to play Multiwinia on it with my existing serial key. When I enter it on the new computer, the response is "wrong platform". I'm assuming the keys are locked to a computer's MAC code the first time the key is registered? Is it possible to "deauthorize" my key on my old computer and reauthorize it on my new one?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:45 pm

That particular error means you switched platforms. Say, from Mac to Windows or Windows to Mac or Linux to Steam on Windows. There may be a way to reuse your old key, but you need to tell us which platform switch you made. If you're unsure what you had earlier, post the first four letters of your code, they encode that.
cowboygeek
level0

Postby cowboygeek » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Yeah, but I didn't switch platforms. My keys are all Macintosh keys (I have four) and both the old and new computers are all Macs. What is the process for requesting a reassignment of keys? Here's the first five letters in each of my four codes:

DXJPKE

KZVENB

FWSDKU

RIWTRQ

They are all active on Mac computers.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Ah, for Macs, IIRC, there exist two build types of the game: the early one done by Ambrosia, and a later one done by IV themselves for the Humble Bundle sale and Mac Steam. Your keys look like post-Ambrosia keys, the Ambrosia version would not like them. Unfortunately, I can't tell you where to get the correct version (the website still links to the Ambrosia one); I'd suggest the humble bundle download page if you got it that way, or maybe the old trick of downloading the Steam demo and entering the key there works.

Return to “General”