General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Introversion Multiwinia Servers

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Hello all,

A bit of backstory before I run into the question. A few years ago I ran a huge set of Multiwinia servers on my home PC (eight at the time, 4 demo 4 retail). They were moderately popular, enough that I was asked by IV if I'd be willing to move them to the IV servers to give them a bit more stability and reliability (less trouts, as we know). This was fine for ages, but with the decline of multiwinia's popularity I let the servers fall to the side. With Jelco's ladder also gone, the servers fell into an inoperable state (they could no longer nab the bans/ranking lists and whatnot).

I have here an offer to resurrect these servers, but only if there's demand. So I put it to you all, players of Multiwinia, do you wish to have more dedicated servers in the server list for Multiwinia?

NeoThermic
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:01 pm

I have here an offer to resurrect these servers, but only if there's demand. So I put it to you all, players of Multiwinia

Like who? Haha, I appreciated your servers, until you started banning me.. -_-. But yea, put them back up, do something useful for once.

[/u][/i]
Cuz fuck logic
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Just a note: the Ladder was never really unavailable, but my own dedicated servers were disabled due to networking issues, and by then all servers uploading logs to my server had been shutdown so that feature was also closed. Essentially the Ladder didn't parse new matches for a long time and didn't recalculate scores because of that, but the actual fetching of material (as far as I know) continued working.

Personally I think more dedicated servers at this stage isn't very useful. The four I run are barely used as it is, and more servers in the listing is probably not really going to change that.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 am

Such a know it all.. ugh
Cuz fuck logic

Return to “General”