Multiwinia Story Questions

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

MCJ108
level0

Multiwinia Story Questions

Postby MCJ108 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:28 am

I was just reading all the descriptions for the levels and I had a few questions...
Darwinia is essentially Darwinia torn apart by war. I was kind of confused because in the level descriptions it refers to Darwinia and Multiwinia, are they two separate entities? Like Multiwinia could be another world created when the Darwinians set rockets off like at the launchpad.
And Shamen, is that who you play as in Darwinia? Shamens is referd to as plural in the level descriptions, could it possibly be the Squads?
And how it refers to the virus, is the virus still terrorizing Darwinia, is that why they created and went to Multiwinia? And in the description of the Confrontation Point it sais the Shamens summoned a terrible viral monstrosity from the depths of Darwinia, which destroyed it in the process. Does that mean that the virus was taken from Darwinia and brought to Multiwinia, which destroyed Darwinia completely?

I thought it was really cool how they tied a lot of story elements into Multiwnina, even though it is an exclusively multiplayer game. Like in the Shrine of Memory how theres statues of Squads, like the Darwinians saw them as Gods like the Dr., and a Darwinian riding a spider, like them conquering the virus.

Anyway.. Those were some of the questions I had about Multiwinia. Its kind of sad how into the storyline I am..
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:42 pm

I always thought the Shamans were regular Darwinians, just like the president is a regular person. They simply gathered a lot of power and influence.

From my understanding Darwinia and Multiwinia is the same place, and in my opinion it should never be called Multiwinia (for uniformity's sake). I guess some people might prefer to call it Multiwinia after the tribes broke off, to signify how Darwinia drastically changed in that time.

These are just my own opinions and interpretations :)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:16 pm

I think the story went like this:

The source of the virus got destroyed and Reds got their free will.
Greens made a rocket to fly into space.
Reds didn't like that and picked a fight.
Factions split. No one liked the anyone else.

I also think a shaman is anyone who's used the link to Sepulveda's technical notes and lived.

Return to “General”