Buggy Achievements?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Scribble[SFD]
level1
level1

Buggy Achievements?

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:35 am

So now that I have someone to actually play with regularly in Multiwinia, I am trying to get some of the achievements that I have yet to get.

Although even with multiplayer and another human player requirement meet now, some achievements are not registering neither in-game nor in Steam.

The two achievements of concern are:

Aggravated Assault
Wrong Game

With Aggravated Assault, I am pretty sure I got this months ago too, but it didn't register. Although, there is the issue of exactly what it means by "control point". Does it mean that not even 1 turrent can't be taken? Or is it only on certain maps like doggreen with the actual "control point" building in it. Or is there an invisible line in which if some enemies cross, you lose the ability to get the achievement. I say the last because the only thing so far that hasn't meant all the above is sometimes I got a randomizer crate and thus there were technically enemies behind my front lines but never took over anything. Also, with how damn picky the achievements seem to be in this game, I wonder if issues like if you change the advanced settings away from default does it effect your chance to get the achievement at all?

With Wrong game, I nuked the spawn of my ally while doing a Co-op dom game, and the screen flashed the word "Wrong Game!" on the screen, but after completing the match, no achievement in-game nor in Steam.

Perhaps someone that has these achievements can give me some insight on exactly how they got these acheivements.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:41 am

I purposefully never got the Wrong Game achievement, so I can't tell you what's up with that. But for the others, it is required for the multiplayer ones that you're in an all human game with nobody quitting until the game is over. If there's ever an AI in there, it won't count. The settings should be up to you, however. The XBox version demands default settings, but not the PC.

As far as I know, the control points are the control stations that shoot the green beams to the WMD. The things that, if all taken by red, destroy the WMD.
Scribble[SFD]
level1
level1

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:27 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:I purposefully never got the Wrong Game achievement, so I can't tell you what's up with that. But for the others, it is required for the multiplayer ones that you're in an all human game with nobody quitting until the game is over. If there's ever an AI in there, it won't count. The settings should be up to you, however. The XBox version demands default settings, but not the PC.

Then at least some of what I expected is true, the game is extremely picky about achievements. So, if it is the case that there can't be any AI, to get that achievement that might not be such a big deal, but then I am guessing that even if you have 2 human players for each map, the maps that have 3 or 4 players (and thus some AI) then you can't get Explorer achievement either?

As far as I know, the control points are the control stations that shoot the green beams to the WMD. The things that, if all taken by red, destroy the WMD.

Well then at least this achievement seems to be glitched or bugged for me, because a number of times I have won Assault without losing any of those control points, against human players and no AI. Two games last night and also I remember one of my first ever Multiwinia multiplayer games against a friend that was new to the game (I am new to the multiplayer aspect but played a ton of single player against the AI). We played the first Assault map, Baneful Eye? or something like that. Anyways, during that game, he wasn't even sure what to do as was apparent. IIRC, he didn't know how to use the bombs and only temporarily got control of one gun turret for a few seconds.

But the games last night, with no AI, the only thing I can think of that might have messed it up is Randomizer crates and maybe taking of 1 turrent for a few seconds.
Scribble[SFD]
level1
level1

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Update: Well now I am sure I should have got Aggravated Assault achievement as a game I played last night did not lose any "control points", nor turrents, nor even a randomizer crate.

Beyond being glitched or bugged, even though some people have it apparently. My only remaining guess is that it has to be done during a co-op or more than 2 player Assault map...?

Update 2: Even after playing ever map with at least 1 other human player present, still don't get the achievement for explorer, which is pretty crazy IMO. I could KIND of see why not against the AI, but to require ALL human players is pretty bad. Now, I guess the next question is:

If you have say 4 human players in a 4 person map, and 1 person leaves before the game is over, will that also not count?
proudlarry
level0

Re: Buggy Achievements?

Postby proudlarry » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Aggravated Assualt
After testing various win conditions E.g...
  • all human teams
  • one ai either on a team or unallied with human player
  • two human vs two ai teams
  • ai/human vs ai/human teams
  • a series of games only using steam versions
  • I used all applicable maps
I have concluded that the achievement Aggravated Assault no longer functions as intended and is indeed BROKEN. It appears to have been working in 2010 as there are many legitimate unlocks at this time. It is unclear when or why exactly it stopped working but I can almost assure you fine folk at introversion that it indeed no longer works at all.

Explorer / Master of Mutiwinia
As far as I can tell neither of these achievements have ever worked on Steam but just for the sake of being thorough I tested them anyways, enlisting the aid of friends to assist in this endeavor. Four users played through and beat every map and all four users did not unlock the achievements. One player even tried to export sandbox.tutorial from main.dat, as at the time, he and I suspected this to be the potential cause of the issue. Alas, we had no luck.

A response of any kind would be very nice. However, you may have been unaware that if a fix is not possible; it is exceptionally easy to simply remove the non-functional achievements from steam using their API tool. While this is indeed a somewhat extreme shortcut it will make a lot of players very happy that they can now finish this game.
Trar
level0

Re: Buggy Achievements?

Postby Trar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 pm

+1 for removal of these buggy achievements. I don't expect them to be fixed this far in the game's life, so simple removal seems like the best option. Achievement hunters would be greatly pleased.

Return to “General”