Darwinia+ (xbox live)

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

GreenRock
level4
level4

Darwinia+ (xbox live)

Postby GreenRock » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:06 am

Chris and his team of programmers have worked unimaginably hard to make this idea a reality: Bringing darwinia to xbox live. Even though I'm positive that the Team will not incorporate any of the following ideas, I would like you to post what you would like to see in this new game. Controller mechanics, gameplay mechanics, AI functions, ets. etc.; anything. Im curious to know as to what the public might expect of the transition.

I, personally, would like to see two story levels, with stairs or escalators or those jump pads, sending Darwinians onto a large platform where another battle wages. Not like leap of faith, with two distinct heights, I mean like a platform directly above the primary battlefield. Just an idea, or at least different levels.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:49 am

What you are proposing would create all sorts of pathfinding nightmares. It would also mean that there would be some areas where it would be impossible to see the ground from directly above, which means you would have to waste time miving the camera into the right position, which in turn would create more problems.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Unfortunately, the engine just doesn't support floating masses of land. It should also be noted that Darwinia+ is probably feature frozen as of the release of Multiwinia (more or less, anyway). It is not meant to be something new or different from Darwinia and Multiwinia, just a port to the XBox.

xander

Return to “General”