Don't leave the server lobby after 5 seconds stupid

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

fungucide
level0

Don't leave the server lobby after 5 seconds stupid

Postby fungucide » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:25 am

Usually when I join an empty dedicated server or host one of my own, i tab away and check back every 20-30 seconds or so, seeing how long it can take until somebody joins. Very often when I come back, some lunatic has said "hi" and then left, obviously expecting me to sit and stare at the lobby screen for 10 minutes until he shows up. So please, instead of instantly leaving the only server with a player on it, stay put for at least 20 seconds to see if you get a response.
Last edited by fungucide on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Re: Don't leave the server lobby after 5 seconds stupid

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:59 am

fungucide wrote:Usually when I join an empty dedicated server or host one of my own, i tab away and check back every 20-30 seconds or so, seeing how long it can take until somebody joins. Very often when I come back, some lunatic has said "hi" and then left, obviously expecting me to sit and stare at the lobby screen for 10 minutes until he shows up. So please, instead of instantly leaving the only server with a player on it, stay put for at least 20 seconds to see if you get a response.

One of the biggest reasons I stopped going online. And some idiots were purposely pressing the space key to disrupt the countdowns. Ugh.

Return to “General”