Buying Mulltiwinia from gamedujour.com?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

DarkAlf
level0

Buying Mulltiwinia from gamedujour.com?

Postby DarkAlf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm pretty interested in getting multiwinia. I got a nice e-mail telling me that gamedujour.com is going to sell it for 8.30$. Would I lose anything on buying it through them? Will they have some sort of restricting software attached to it?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:50 pm

As far as I can tell, no, there would not be any restrictions.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:58 pm

Notice, though, that the discount starts in about 64 hours.
DarkAlf
level0

Postby DarkAlf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:51 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:As far as I can tell, no, there would not be any restrictions.
Ok, do you (or anybody else who's reading this) know if gamedujour can be trusted? Are they a good company etc. . .

NeatNit wrote:Notice, though, that the discount starts in about 64 hours.
Yes, I'm aware of that. (Well it's less that 64 hours now, of course.)

Oh yeah, is Multiwinia worth the money? :P
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:47 am

DarkAlf wrote:
bert_the_turtle wrote:As far as I can tell, no, there would not be any restrictions.
Ok, do you (or anybody else who's reading this) know if gamedujour can be trusted? Are they a good company etc. . .

I have never heard of gamedujour.com, but the email I received came through the IV system, so it is apparent that IV trust them. Take that as you will.

DarkAlf wrote:
NeatNit wrote:Notice, though, that the discount starts in about 64 hours.
Yes, I'm aware of that. (Well it's less that 64 hours now, of course.)

Oh yeah, is Multiwinia worth the money? :P

You are probably asking the wrong group of people. I have several keys from beta testing Multiwinia, and still paid for the boxed set at launch. I certainly think that Multiwinia is worth the money, and I think that you will find that this is the attitude of most people here. Furthermore, my personal opinion is that you should ignore gamedujour.com, and buy Multiwinia directly from Introversion, in support of an indie developer. But, hey, I am a long standing member of a forum that caters to fans ("fans" being a shortening of "fanatics"). My opinion is hardly unbiased.

xander
DarkAlf
level0

Postby DarkAlf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:17 am

xander wrote:You are probably asking the wrong group of people. I have several keys from beta testing Multiwinia, and still paid for the boxed set at launch. I certainly think that Multiwinia is worth the money, and I think that you will find that this is the attitude of most people here. Furthermore, my personal opinion is that you should ignore gamedujour.com, and buy Multiwinia directly from Introversion, in support of an indie developer. But, hey, I am a long standing member of a forum that caters to fans ("fans" being a shortening of "fanatics"). My opinion is hardly unbiased.

xander

Well yeah, I wasn't really expecting an unbiased answer from this forum. I guess I sort of don't even want the other answer. I've been longing for Multiwinia for some time, but money's tight. (And I'm cheap.) I already own the other IV games so I'm familiar with Introversion (and how much they rock!) and also the fact that they tend to publish "unpolished" games. I like my games shiny, so I wait for a while for the polish.

I think I'm going to buy Multiwinia. . .

PS. I really liked your answer xander. It wasn't the typical fanboi answer. . .
Vindaloo
level0

Postby Vindaloo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:29 pm

DarkAlf wrote:

If you buy from Gamedujour, you still buy from the game's developer (usually via whatever payment processor they use, BMT, Plimus, etc). You just get a coupon from Gamedujour that's valid that day. I bought about a dozen games from them and never had any issues.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:31 pm

By the way the discount is on right now (for another 10 hours)

Link

Return to “General”