Kicking.

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Do you think a server master should ask prior to kicking, or just kick without saying or explaining a thing?

Don't speak, just kick!
8%
Ask/Explain politely and kick if they are rude and/or don't leave.
81%
Don't care either way.
12%

Total votes: 26
TomCat39
level3
level3

Kicking.

Postby TomCat39 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:00 am

Here is a small pet peave of mine.

I find people kick from their servers without even saying hi, can you leave this is a private game. Or something of the like

I find this to be an extremely rude habit. I'd be more than happy to leave if someone JUST ASKED! I know, I know, it requires typing! OMG!!!! That's asking WAY too much!

Personally, I'd say, ask, and if they are rude and don't... Then kick. That just seems like proper etiquitte to me. I guess people just forget about manners as the generations go on.

How do you feel about it?
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:04 am

If there is no obvious reason other than your mere presence than I agree that you should get some sort of explanation. This applies to all multiplayer games.
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:37 am

It's rude, but it's not like my feelings get hurt. In Defcon I usually take a mental note of the player's name and if it happens more than once I won't play with that person. In Multiwinia I can't recall being booted without a proper reason. Yet..
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:27 am

If this happened yesterday, they were trolling and being idiots.

Don't worry about it. Just join a different game. There isn't much we can do.[/list]
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:41 am

There's no question what kick nettiquette should be, but you also shouldn't bother too much about getting kicked without reason. People are jerks, get over it :)
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:01 pm

I've met some irredeembably rude characters. The worst case so far, was when I joined a dedicated server game which had two demo players in it, one of whom chatted, "fuck off nigga" and kicked me instantly. I think demo players should have the kick functionality revoked... they're guests in our house, and if they want priveleges they should bloody well pay for them.
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Humm, kick votes are disabled by default. Neither mine nor Jelco's nor NeoThermic's servers have it enabled. So either I'm missing something, or you were not kicked from a dedicated server.
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:04 pm

RabidZombie wrote:If this happened yesterday, they were trolling and being idiots.

Don't worry about it. Just join a different game. There isn't much we can do.[/list]

Yeah, I totally agree with you. There isn't anything we can do.

Also, this has happened at least once a day for the last few days of play. So I thought I'd come here, share my opinion, and do a poll to see what others felt.

And lastly, if I get lucky, the perps might come to the forums, see the general consensus, and maybe, just maybe, change their ways. *Wishful thinking, I know*
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Where are the forum police today?

This poll lacks "options" :P
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:15 pm

You mean "Smash their Trout"?
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:18 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Humm, kick votes are disabled by default. Neither mine nor Jelco's nor NeoThermic's servers have it enabled. So either I'm missing something, or you were not kicked from a dedicated server.

Cool. I must have just encroached on a game hosted by twats.
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:15 am

Greeba wrote:I've met some irredeembably rude characters. The worst case so far, was when I joined a dedicated server game which had two demo players in it, one of whom chatted, "fuck off nigga" and kicked me instantly. I think demo players should have the kick functionality revoked... they're guests in our house, and if they want priveleges they should bloody well pay for them.

Here here. I hate those racist bastards who just need a crowbar to their dicks.

I prefer not to play online with Multiwinians, I'm afraid I'll just lose so badly. XP
Johnis
level2
level2

Postby Johnis » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:49 pm

It is rude to kick without reason.
it is also rude to leave without saying at least a GG
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:14 pm

I concur.

Especially when it was a good game. Some guy who'd given me an equal fight just left after the game finished, which is a pity because I tend to enjoy playing multiple games against the same person, if they're decent.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:36 pm

I usually hang around after a game is over chatting for a while, but then I'm also quite chatty while playing - other people seem to play and refuse to press that enter key *ever*, even to say hi :S

As to kicking, it's rude, if you want a private game add passwords :P
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “General”