A Multiplewinia review surfaces: Ouugh!

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Mine is rather long. Some people suggest I don't let it get too much longer. They like it; it's so soft, apparently.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:34 pm

I prefer to have mine quite short. Mostly because it becomes uncombable (I'm actually surprised that one is a real word) once it starts to grow, and I speculate it could end up a bit like Mas's avatar if I don't cut it often.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:52 pm

My hairs short.

Whats this in that !#^@$%#&$%(*@#!^@#&$^(&%^%##!*^%^#$%@%^&^%# guy's youtube vid?

It looks like it could be part of the game, but I've never seen it before.
multimania
level2
level2
Location: Perth, Western Australia · Mountain View, California

Postby multimania » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:02 am

It's the in-game network analyser. His knowledge of it reveals (along with his review of the original Darwinia) that -- deep down -- he really does like Darwinia & Multiwinia and is just intentionally being a twat.
If he hated the game so much, why did he buy both it and darwinia (and get up to -- at least -- containment).

Anyway: F9 -- not that it's very useful (or fully implemented, it is rather buggy).
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:02 am

elexis wrote:My hair's short.

Booorrriiiing :P
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:14 am

it looks ugly long
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:36 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Mine is rather long. Some people suggest I don't let it get too much longer. They like it; it's so soft, apparently.

Yes, people seem quite obsessed with your hair, I suggest you shave it and never worry again!
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:06 am

Xocrates wrote:I prefer to have mine quite short. Mostly because it becomes uncombable (I'm actually surprised that one is a real word) once it starts to grow, and I speculate it could end up a bit like Mas's avatar if I don't cut it often.
Mine took well over a year to stop being like that, and for just as long was the subject of great mockery.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:02 am

Feud wrote:I made the joke once to an education major at my school that teachers should be paid less, that way we weed out all but those truly committed to education and we would thus have a better quality of teachers.

They didn't seem to find it as funny as I did.

I would actually propose exactly the opposite. Pay teachers more. This would attract talented and motivated teachers, create more competitive teacher education programs, and remove the dregs from the teaching pool. I find it interesting that you, one of the most conservative members of this board, would suggest a strategy that leads to less competition. Where is you faith in the free market system?

xander
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:08 am

Mas Tnega wrote:You have green hair.

Your avatar's hair was green when I first read that post; I had to refresh to see whether it was intentional. I'm disappointed :(
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:18 am

xander wrote:
Feud wrote:I made the joke once to an education major at my school that teachers should be paid less, that way we weed out all but those truly committed to education and we would thus have a better quality of teachers.

I would actually propose exactly the opposite. Pay teachers more. This would attract talented and motivated teachers, create more competitive teacher education programs, and remove the dregs from the teaching pool. I find it interesting that you, one of the most conservative members of this board, would suggest a strategy that leads to less competition. Where is you faith in the free market system?

I don't know if you are joking or not, if so than feel free to laugh at my expense. If you aren't, than I think this change may help clarify things.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:52 am

Feud wrote:
xander wrote:

I don't know if you are joking or not, if so than feel free to laugh at my expense. If you aren't, than I think this change may help clarify things.

The thing is, a good joke contains a grain of truth (at least, in the eye of the teller). Your friend didn't think it was funny because, quite frankly, it isn't. For as much time and effort as teachers are expected to devote to our profession, we are under compensated and under appreciated. In fact, we are often made into bad guys (witness movies like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, where the teachers are almost universally useless). Then, people make jokes that we should be payed even less. Perhaps they are meant as jokes, but if a meme is repeated often enough, it becomes the accepted reality.

xander
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:04 am

I spent several minutes trying to find the grain of truth in the old joke of cannibals thinking that a clown tasted funny, couldn't find one...

Boo-hoo, sometimes society doesn't treat those it needs most with the respect they deserve. I can think of quite a few movies that cast teachers in extremely favorable light, but that is the case with anything, there are good guys in movies and bad guys, but I guess listing them wouldn't really make a differance.

No one in their right mind would accept my statement as a good idea, but if it makes you feel better when I graduate from school and the academy and I'm out risking my life for all the grateful people who will curse my name, call me a pig and make doughnut jokes, I'll shed a tear for the teachers (which you yourself were making fun of) and how society doesn't properly appreciate their sacrifice.

Or maybe I'll just tell a joke, and realize that it's ok to do so.
Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:15 am

xander wrote:....where the teachers are almost universally useless....

Really? I didn't know that movie took place in Ireland!

Ba dum pssh!
St!gar
level1
level1

Postby St!gar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:00 pm

Oh, you're so very brave.

Return to “General”