Can't see games anymore

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Covak
level1
level1

Postby Covak » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:39 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Covak wrote:Nah, the PC version would already be using LIVE for online play if they were going to do cross-platform play.

Again, a game on the Xbox360 doesn't need to use LIVE to have multiplayer. Ergo it's perfectly feasible for the 360 version to play the PC version if the metaserver handles both.

NeoThermic

Since when? Where are all the 360 games with free online multiplayer? ;)
Covak
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:40 pm

Covak wrote:Since when? Where are all the 360 games with free online multiplayer? ;)

The fact that it is possible doesn't mean it exists.
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:11 pm

It is possible but microsoft won't like it......
[insert outrageously funny/insightful comment here]
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:38 pm

And if Microsoft don't like something, it makes it impossible to do it without convincing them otherwise.
Unless you make Final Fantasy.
Covak
level1
level1

Postby Covak » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:41 pm

Xocrates wrote:
Covak wrote:Since when? Where are all the 360 games with free online multiplayer? ;)

The fact that it is possible doesn't mean it exists.

But in this case it would. EA would gladly be going completely around LIVE (instead of through it) if they could. So would several other big publishers and developers.

But Microsoft's certification requirements just don't allow it (unless you're an MMO and work something out with them). I'm pretty sure there are even requirements about NOT interacting with other versions (unless it's a game for Windows LIVE, of course), so they can't just go through LIVE and still play with PC gamers on their own, non-LIVE servers.
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:05 pm

The reason EA or other big companys don't go around it is because they don't care (Ie. it won't hurt there sales at all) and microsoft probably gives them a small cut of the windows live fees.

Any ways what is the average amount of players for a friday night? I finally got my parents to let me buy the game of steam (I could have bought it at a store with my own cash but I wanted to get it off the internet, and for that I needed their credit card) so I will be geting it tomorow (funny seeing as I asked if I could get it twentytwo hours after it was released and I'm finally geting it now almost twenty days or so later) and I am hopeing there will be at least a couple servers up for me to act all noobish in.
pokeythepenguin
level0

Postby pokeythepenguin » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:51 am

friday nights, UK and NA timezones. i saw 10 servers just now.
LordSturm
level4
level4

Postby LordSturm » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:38 am

elexis wrote:I'm in Australia (+10 hr GMT), and I am hopefully going to a lan party on saturday night where I intend to play multiwinia online for the second time EVER. When exactly is this prime time you speak of?

Same here, add me to MSN or something so we can play multiwinia together?
"Surely you didn't mean to press that button just then did you?"
"No, nor will i disarm the nukes."
"Oh well, I will have my Fighters shoot them down."
"Sure you will."
"Oh NOES, ITS BEEN PATCHED!!!"
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:39 am

Pinky lives at +9:30.
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:39 pm

GMT -5 EST for me.
Bas
level2
level2

Postby Bas » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:49 pm

99% of the playerbase got pissed off that they couldn't connect to any game even after putting their router in a DMZ.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Bas wrote:99% of the playerbase got pissed off that they couldn't connect to any game even after putting their router in a DMZ.

I'm no expert but putting my old router in the DMZ resulted in a load of technobabble coming up telling me to do something else too...seems there was more to it than clicking on DMZ...so it didn't work, probably because I had to do something else and didn't know what...at that point I could connect to 1% of games.

...bought a NETGEAR DG834GT, plugged it in and can connect to 99% of games. No DMZ just out of the box...
Jazz Ad
level1
level1

Postby Jazz Ad » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:31 pm

This disturbs me too.
I barely ever see more than 3-4 ongoing games. Actually, save for the first days of the game, I always end playing solo against the computer on multiplayer games, which is a bit frustrating.
And what's with the 1.9.34 version that I can't access ? I didn't see an available patch anywhere for the game.

Return to “General”