Blitzkrieg Anyone?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

mehoo462
level2
level2

Blitzkrieg Anyone?

Postby mehoo462 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Just curious what people's thoughts about Blitzkrieg are. I've played with my friends several times and it feels kind of awkward. We piddle around with our armors for fifteen minutes, and the winner is the guy who by some fluke, is able to snag an extra flag in the last 10 seconds. I tried playing against the computer to see how it's done, but the computer doesn't seem very good at blitzkrieg either.

My experience with this mode is something ponderously slow and cerebral, nothing like the lightening warfare the name suggests. I can't help but wonder if I'm missing something... I'm sure somebody out there really likes this game mode. Can they share some insights into how to get the most out of this game mode?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works in Blitzkrieg.

Unfortunately, there is no negative handicap, or anything. If you start to take the lead, you actually have a disadvantage because your guys are spread out across the map more, which usually means your lead is short lived. Of course, once someone else takes the lead, you immediately are able to rectify this and take back a flag.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:29 pm

The point of Blitzkrieg really is to conquer the enemy bases. In two player games, this is quite hard, so yes, there the games usually end up as battles about the middle flag. In three or four player games, however, it is quite possible to do a rush for one enemy. Conquests count far more than held flags in the end; so after eliminating one player, victory is practically yours.

Umm, of course, then you have to sit it out to the end...
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:21 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:...In two player games, this is quite hard, so yes, there the games usually end up as battles about the middle flag...

You people need some games against the Introversion's then!
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
zkl
level2
level2
Location: (zkl aka bonsai), Doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby zkl » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:22 pm

I simply try to avoid anything containing the two words Blitz and Multiwina ;)
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:08 pm

elDiablo wrote:
bert_the_turtle wrote:...In two player games, this is quite hard, so yes, there the games usually end up as battles about the middle flag...

You people need some games against the Introversion's then!

Is... Is that a challenge? Oh, you're on.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:43 am

Blitzkrieg, as a name, is a little misleading, really. Mainly because if both sides try to use blitzkrieg against each other then really, they just meet in the middle and nothing happens.

The game type could be modified to give a notable advantage with holding the flags, but, I'm not sure how fair that would be.
mehoo462
level2
level2

Postby mehoo462 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:29 am

elDiablo! Please show us how it's done!!! more info?
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:42 am

In the first Blitzkrieg game, I send 6 MW to the spawn point and the rest in the armour to the enemy power generators, the rext re-inforcement all go to my power generator and then from then on they alternate between the spawn point and the enemy power generators/base. My brother caught on pretty quickly and it meant the fighting was all over the place.

If you play with the AI, then the fighting is ALWAYS in the middle, untill the ai control it and sent endless armour to your base.
JavaScrybe
level1
level1

Postby JavaScrybe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:43 am

I know... I actually like Blitzkrieg, it's just a shame there is not more BK games.

Return to “General”