Will the windows registration key work on linux?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

lorant
level1
level1

Will the windows registration key work on linux?

Postby lorant » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi all,

Loving the demo, I want to buy the game, I'd only like to have confirmation on one point: will the windows registration key work on the future linux port?

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find any definitive answer, and this thread, though concerning the mac, introduced some doubts. As far as I understand, the linux port is done in-house, so the problem would not arise?

(I'm speaking of the non-steam version; I guess the steam version is windows-only.)
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:51 pm

It probably will work, if Defcon is anything to go by.

And yes, Steam version is Windows only.
lorant
level1
level1

Postby lorant » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Thanks for the fast answer.

I've just bought the game (together with Darwinia). ^_^
limestrael
level0

Postby limestrael » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Hello!
I have bought the game through Steam, but the key Steam gave me works well with the windows demo downloaded directly from IV's website, so can I assume it will work too with the Linux version when it's released?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:12 pm

limestrael wrote:Hello!
I have bought the game through Steam, but the key Steam gave me works well with the windows demo downloaded directly from IV's website, so can I assume it will work too with the Linux version when it's released?

I wouldn't assume anything at all. It might work, and it seems likely (given that Steam keys work with the non-Steam Windows version), but I wouldn't count on it.

That being said, why did you even bother posting this? The question had already been answered several months ago. As the Linux version is not yet out, why do you expect that anyone would have any new information?

xander
limestrael
level0

Postby limestrael » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 pm

I asked it because the previous posts left in doubt concerning the compatibility of the Steam version.
Anyway, I agree with you, nothing will be confirmed until the Linux version is released.
Thanks for the answer!

Return to “General”