Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:11 am

estel wrote:
. If MS did their homework, the XBox code should port easily to Windows

Like Games for Windows LIVE then? :P
Precisely :) I don't know the technical internal details, though, so I can't exclude the possibility of subtle or even large differences between the two.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:21 am

Pox wrote:I'm quite sure there are already games for Windows that connect through XBL to the 360 to let you play multiplayer.

I don't actually own an xbox but I remember my friend who does own one saying that there are very few games that do it, the only I can remember off the top of my head is "shadowrun" and you needed to have paid for a games for windows live subscription to play on the PC against the xbox
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:30 pm

martin wrote:
Pox wrote:I'm quite sure there are already games for Windows that connect through XBL to the 360 to let you play multiplayer.

I don't actually own an xbox but I remember my friend who does own one saying that there are very few games that do it, the only I can remember off the top of my head is "shadowrun" and you needed to have paid for a games for windows live subscription to play on the PC against the xbox

GfWL: Gold features are now free. Shadowrun used to work, but the servers have been closed down. Universe at War: Earth Assault is cross-platform play.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:06 pm

Doesn't evade the fact it's Games for Windows - Live, and thus probably won't support Linux or Mac anytime soon. :P
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 pm

RabidZombie wrote:Doesn't evade the fact it's Games for Windows - Live, and thus probably won't support Linux or Mac anytime soon. :P

Heheh yes. This is the main reason I'd be suprised to see 360/Windows cross platform play.

Return to “General”