Purchase from stores?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

dragonnewby
level0

Purchase from stores?

Postby dragonnewby » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:09 am

Will I be able to purchase this at stores like EB games or Best Buy or do i have to buy from the introvision shop or Steam because my parents don't want to order or download it because they think it looks dumb.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:37 am

Depends on where you live.

Introversion is a british company and the game will get into stores there faster. But IV games usually find their way into american shops eventually.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Every time I go to an EB games in in Australia, there's always a couple of Defcon's lying around.
cecilofs
level0

Not available yet in Perth EB

Postby cecilofs » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 am

Hi all, I played Darwinia and it was awesome - really looking forward to getting my hands on Multiwinia because I really wanted to play Darwinia multiplayer. It was sheer luck that I stumbled upon the website a mere week before launch :D

I went into EB games in Perth, Western Australia today to try and pre-order, but they said they'd never heard of it and couldn't let me buy it or order it in if it wasn't on their system. I'm guessing it'll eventually make its way there but I am just going to order through the website and download (hopefully) on the release day.
DerfelGadarn
level0

Re: Not available yet in Perth EB

Postby DerfelGadarn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:18 am

cecilofs wrote:Hi all, I played Darwinia and it was awesome - really looking forward to getting my hands on Multiwinia because I really wanted to play Darwinia multiplayer. It was sheer luck that I stumbled upon the website a mere week before launch :D

I went into EB games in Perth, Western Australia today to try and pre-order, but they said they'd never heard of it and couldn't let me buy it or order it in if it wasn't on their system. I'm guessing it'll eventually make its way there but I am just going to order through the website and download (hopefully) on the release day.

If they don't have it in retail you should just buy it from Steam or Introversion store. I don't know what the filesize of Multiwinia is but Darwinia was like 50 meg so it doesn't take too much time to download :)
multimania
level2
level2
Location: Perth, Western Australia · Mountain View, California

Re: Not available yet in Perth EB

Postby multimania » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Unfortunately, I've never seen any of IV's games in any Perth shops. Ordering directly from Introversion will support them more. You can also get the limited edition tin. The foamwinians are nice.

However; if we all go to local shops and complain until they're begging IV for a deal, that can't be a bad thing!
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:17 am

I live in melbourne, and there is usually a 6 month delay for IV games in local stores, if they appear at all. Uplink never did.

EDIT: Considering the prices that they flog games here for, it would probably be cheaper to pre-order.
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 am

I have never seen a IV game in the US, but I have always ordered directly from them.
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:38 am

cheesemoo0 wrote:I have never seen a IV game in the US, but I have always ordered directly from them.

strangely enough i seen defcon and uplink on most NEX (sort of mini mall for armed forces) in military bases i been assigned at.

i got darwinia from one of them awhile back. and the rest at IV store.
Eating without Tabasco® Sauce is like a computer without a OS.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:50 am

Defcon = Secret general training programme?
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:06 am

tabasco boy wrote:strangely enough i seen defcon and uplink on most NEX (sort of mini mall for armed forces) in military bases i been assigned at.

If you can ever get a picture of an IV game in a NEX, then you'll win the internet.

NeoThermic

Return to “General”