Multiwinia deserves a guerrilla marketing campaign.

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

ZenSaohu
level0

Multiwinia deserves a guerrilla marketing campaign.

Postby ZenSaohu » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:08 pm

Little darwinians everywhere. Perhaps multi-colored darwinians with chalk lasers battling it out on the sidewalk.

I dunno, I feel like it'd be awesome to have around Berkeley. But some sort of viral guerrilla marketing seems to be in order for Multiwinia.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:11 am

jelco the galactaboy wrote:there will not be many people - if any - who think of Multiwinia when they see it. They just think it's modern artists using public places for creating their art.
That's what people always think when they see guerrilla marketing such as this. :)
That, or they call in the bomb squads.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:38 am

I think that "releasing the game on steam" will do the job.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
desktopsimmer
level3
level3

Postby desktopsimmer » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:19 am

jelco the galactaboy wrote:It might be fun, but it would be expensive and next to that there will not be many people - if any - who think of Multiwinia when they see it. They just think it's modern artists using public places for creating their art. It won't be obvious it's an advert for something, let alone they know what it's for. :P

Jelco

ditto

However, on a lighter note, you could have A4/A5 posters of 12 darwininans in a circle (like 12 Monkeys) saying something like "WE DID IT", or "IT'S RELEASED!". Mind you, highly improbable, if the human species got almost wiped out on the 20th sept, it would throw a curve ball to those trying to find out who killed off everybody.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:16 am

Of course, you do realise that if everyone was killed off, there wouldn't actually be anyone left to investigate?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:18 am

Pinky wrote:Of course, you do realise that if everyone was killed off, there wouldn't actually be anyone left to investigate?

desktopsimmer wrote:<snip> if the human species got almost wiped out <snip>

Next time try to read the post?

Also, I assume you haven't seen 12 monkeys. Shame on you!
desktopsimmer
level3
level3

Postby desktopsimmer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:04 pm

You haven't seen the 12 Monkeys :shock: I watch that film at least twice a year.
necron-99
level0

Postby necron-99 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:29 pm

heh, I was jsut thinking somehting of the sort.. at least Virtual Viral marketing.. Anyone else play dystopia?

Return to “General”