Linux on launch?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:53 pm

PlayX wrote:I have buyed Multiwinia because the promise of a Linux Version.
Now I wait over a year and nothing comes....
Can I have my Money back?

You want your money back for something you bought over a year ago, because you bought it out of the belief a version that was never officially announced would come out? Really?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

While I agree with Xocrates that you are pretty much SOL, you might try contacting IV at support@introversion.co.uk . I doubt that they will be willing to do anything for you, but that is your best bet. No one on the forums is going to be able to help you.

xander
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 pm

PlayX wrote:I dont want to play it with wine... :x

Why not, it works perfectly well with Wine.

Also, Introversion have Darwinia+ at the top of their list of priorities at the moment. Why not give them a bit of time.
M1AU
level0

Postby M1AU » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:07 am

RabidZombie wrote:
PlayX wrote:I dont want to play it with wine... :x

Why not, it works perfectly well with Wine.

Also, Introversion have Darwinia+ at the top of their list of priorities at the moment. Why not give them a bit of time.

A bit of time? I thing we gave them already enough time!
It's still sad that we Linux users are still left in the dark when or if there will ever be a Linux port of the game.
Thank god I haven't bought a copy yet. Maybe I have to go along and just put Introversion on my dead list, even as a previous loyal customer.
:(
PlayX
level0

Postby PlayX » Thu May 06, 2010 5:54 pm

any news about Linux? :(
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu May 06, 2010 11:32 pm

PlayX wrote:any news about Linux? :(

Nope. Again, if there is any news, it will almost certainly appear on the main page or in the blog. Pay attention to the main page and the blog, and you will know everything that anyone outside of IV knows just as soon as it is possible to know it.

xander
forces
level0

Postby forces » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Is there even work on a Linx port? Or have Introversion forgot the huge Linux user community? (it's not actually that huge, but it's not small either) I'm really dissapointed.
Is there a problem with networking, like was on Defcon? (but Defcon was relased for Linux after a while...)
Or for me even mor important question: Will Subversion be for Linux, or you just think that making a Linux version is too hard and it isn't worth of it?

I would really like to play multiwinia on Linux... BTW, i think, that relasing multiwinia as an open-source project wouldn't be bad, if the key would be checked on the server... (I mean, open-sourcing the client, not the server.) Someone would surely try to make a Linux version with the source.
PlayX
level0

Postby PlayX » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks for the Linux Port!!!
Can all Custumers Download it from the IV Page if they had buy the Game in the past?

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Return to “General”