Welcome One Welcome All To Introversion

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

martinmir
level2
level2

Welcome One Welcome All To Introversion

Postby martinmir » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:35 pm

Welcome to the Introversion Community where each board has its own unique topics for everyone to get involved in. I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting the forum and hope you do enjoy. There is plenty to get involved in from tournaments, beta testing to general banter so have a look around and please don’t be shy. Just to warn you that some topics can be controversial but nothing below the belt.

Feel free to reply to this post to introduce yourself to the community especially if you are new to Introversion.

I am one of the moderators in this community. I have various posts up, some more interesting than others which I am sure you will soon discover. I mainly roam around the Introversion Lounge with random topics giving everybody random info from Technology to Art.

So for now sit back, click away and get involved!
Please do come back again...
Last edited by martinmir on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 pm

Wait? Who are you again? :P

Nice to see introduction posts, and nicely done martinmir.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
martinmir
level2
level2

Postby martinmir » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Thank You Rkiver and all
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:01 pm

/me kicks martinmir below the belt.

Oh! Heh... I misread that! I thought you meant only below the belt. :P

xander
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:42 am

a common mistake

*Wonders why this topic isn't in the Lounge*

*And why it isn't a sticky*
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:34 am

I just wanted to say, this game seems very interesting and very hard. Great job IV staff on a great release. The hard work seems to show on how smoothly everything is running.

Also a BIG thanks to ALL the beta testers that helped with all the GameStoppers.
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:55 am

Wonder why there is only one semi introduction post so far.......... Any ways: hi. I just registered to day and (sadly) I may not be able to get the game for about a week (if I'm lucky a day or two at least). I remember when Darwinia came out I really wanted to get it but I only saw it in a store once....... I didn't learn you could buy it online till a few months ago but by then I had forgoten how fun the demo was. Now I played the demo of multiwinia and I am kicking myself for not buying darwinia. Other than that all that really matters is that I am a semi good 3d modeler (I may make a statue or two if I can find out what kind of file type I need to export it as and what scale I will have to make it to) and I made a earth bound style sprite sheet of six of the nine classes from TF2 and it turned out so well I may try making a tyranazilla sprite to fool around with (again depending on the file type I would have to make it as).
[insert outrageously funny/insightful comment here]
Pants
level1
level1

Postby Pants » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:16 am

Hey everyone. I play as "Pants", and I'm from Chicago, having just recently moved from Minneapolis.

I played Darwinia on Mac when I saw it highly rated among Mac games. I was instantly hooked after the demo and barely slept day or night until I finished the full version. I've occasionally opened it back up now and then just to say "hi" to the DGs.

Since then I've ventured into booting my Mac into Windows so I could play the Orange Box, mostly. And so I was SO happy to see Multiwinia available on Steam! Given how much I'm enjoying it I'll probably buy a Mac copy too when it comes out.

See you all out there among the Multiwinians!
DoubleFelix
level1
level1

Postby DoubleFelix » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:05 am

Pants wrote:Hey everyone. I play as "Pants", and I'm from Chicago, having just recently moved from Minneapolis.

I played Darwinia on Mac when I saw it highly rated among Mac games. I was instantly hooked after the demo and barely slept day or night until I finished the full version. I've occasionally opened it back up now and then just to say "hi" to the DGs.

Since then I've ventured into booting my Mac into Windows so I could play the Orange Box, mostly. And so I was SO happy to see Multiwinia available on Steam! Given how much I'm enjoying it I'll probably buy a Mac copy too when it comes out.

See you all out there among the Multiwinians!

That's almost the exact same situation as with me. Minus the part about Chicago.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:00 am

There are two "pants"? :wink:
DoubleFelix
level1
level1

Postby DoubleFelix » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:54 am

elexis wrote:There are two "pants"? :wink:

Would you rather just have one pant? Your leg might get a bit cold.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:06 am

You missed what i was getting at, but, yeah.

If you only had one leg and you chopped a leg off your pants, would you call them pant?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:13 am

Half your mum?

Oh... wait... wrong thread.

xander
Vicvictorw
level0

Postby Vicvictorw » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:21 am

Vicvictorw here.

Picked up Darwinia for only about 10 bucks and fell in love with it. I still have the little darwinian that came in the box on my car keychain.

I found out through Steam that Multiwinia had come out and just had to have it. Currently I play the demo version of it, but this is definitely something I'm considering upgrading.

I'll go into multiplayer matches under the same name, mostly on the dedicated demo servers. I seem to be at my best in the 1v1 Capture the Statue match.

When I'm not commanding cyan units, they're most likely going to be flying purple flags. Hope to see you ingame!
Dorhesional
level0

Re: Welcome One Welcome All To Introversion

Postby Dorhesional » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:19 pm

nice bro

Return to “General”