Single Player?Multiwinia is coming soon I would much prefer

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

allen
level3
level3

Single Player?Multiwinia is coming soon I would much prefer

Postby allen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:47 pm

I read somewhere that Multiwinia will have a single player mode, I wasn't sure if the article meant that it was just multiplayer with bots, or the original Darwinia game would take the place as the single player for Multiwinia. That's one thing I thought would make Defcon more than just a multiplayer only game. Any story/scenario would work fine, for Multiwinia I could see it being awesome as opposed to a Defcon nation vs. nation or hell, even a War Games movie copy cat scenario..but I'd guess that would infringe on some copyrights.

Anyways I just wanted to know what was planned, if anyone knows (or if that info is even out yet). If it just has bots I'll just patiently wait for Subversion and the 6th game for the awesome single player experience I want.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Darwinia+ (a compilation planned for xbox live arcade) will include the multiplayer game Multiwinia and the single player Darwinia.
Multiwinia has a single player mode, but it is not the same as the original Darwinia.

The above is publicly known information. As a beta tester bound by NDA, I will not say more.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:14 pm

xyzyxx is correct.

However, as a matter of personal opinion, I can note I expect Multiwinia to provide a better single player than defcon ever could.

One should also point out that Multiwinia is not Defcon, Darwinia, or both :wink:
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:37 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:Also, no-one has any clues about Subversion yet, so no-one can promise you that Subversion is going to have single player. :P

Jelco
Or it might be single player only :shock:
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:00 pm

Or it might be four-player only, and you have to be all of them.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Or it might be four-player only, and you have to be all of them.

Don't be silly!

That's obviously Chronometer!
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 pm

Xocrates wrote:That's obviously Chronometer!

Pff..Channel 4...Chronometer...it's just going to be a Countdown clone.... :P :wink:
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Xocrates wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:Or it might be four-player only, and you have to be all of them.

Don't be silly!

That's obviously Chronometer!

No! No! No! in Chronometer it's four player only, you have to be all of them in different years.

NeoThermic
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:11 pm

But at the same time?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:12 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:But at the same time?

Well, obviously. How else do you want to do it?
mibias
level5
level5

Postby mibias » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:12 pm

Turn based?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:03 am

Wouldn't a turn based game be better named "Angular"?
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:29 am

Angular? Subversion (even though a beta name, I'm not sure if it was finalized) is bad enough as it is. Uplink, Defcon, Darwinia are all great names that when you hear them, after playing the game the name makes perfect sense. Unless Subversion is about overthrowing a government or something else then, well...no comment. It also means blow up..but I prefer the overthrow of a gov't or some other regime. Not WWII though. Please.

Chronometer, with it's of course obvious it must have something to do with time, reminded me of Chrono Trigger..never did finish that game.

But anyways, I agree with ya about no matter what I'm sure Multiwinia would have a better single player experience than Defcon. Only reason to play single play in that game, in my opinion, is if you are stressed for time or get tired of people dropping out of games when they start losing or get bored because they are playing me.

and thanks for the clarification xyzyxx, about Darwinia+. I knew beforehand the NDA would be mentioned but I forgot to mention I only was asking for other publicly known information.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:50 am

Subversion is a perfectly good name, it clearly means the game will have close links with version control systems. Fun fun fun!

Honestly though, anything's better than Multiwinia... it's a ludicrous name, but that doesn't really matter when it comes down to it... that's what it became known as in early development, and now they're stuck with it as a release name. And no-one cares.

Return to “General”