Is There Ever Going to Be Another Subversion Update?

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

MrBrown
level1
level1

Postby MrBrown » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:46 am

I guess they're still working on it, at least ain August Chris was busy according to Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/IVSoftware/status ... 9289361408
"I'd love to come along this afternoon but so busy! Who's there / who's coming? Chris"
Eggman360
level0

Postby Eggman360 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:42 pm

They must know that people are screaming for an update, and they might just be keeping us at bay, just like dangling a carrot, and making sure we’re still eager and want it really bad, but there is no carrot if they don’t give us anything, if this game is still to be released this year, like the Main Page says (Little Greyed out “2011?”) then they could just have buttoned up leading to the release, I have a strong suspicion, that this game is on hold, and that's fair enough if they think it needs it. On the other hand, looking through at the little pieces they have released over the years, and the 20 steps through the Development diary are very, very impressive, but the last any of us have seen, but they could at LEAST say something, just one or two lines on the Dev. Link on the Introversion website wouldn’t take 5 minutes, to calm all our fears. I’m not saying all this because I want a release date (would be fantastic if they did) but why all this cloak and dagger and hushed secrecy. Looking at the dev. Diary page, at the last video posted in May 2010, the game looks solid, it shows NPC reactions, the recon fog-like system, Path finding, and some form of Physics that may have been tweaked. The inventory wasn’t up to scratch, such as inventory interactions, tooltips, item images etc, but that was over a year ago, and those issues must have been addressed, I don’t know about the rest of you, but I would happily play this game if that’s how it was, I love the wireframe idea, the procedural generation, the logic systems shown in other Dev diary pages, this game looked 90% finished a year ago, why the sudden secrecy over the last ~10%. I’m not writing all this so the rest of the fans can poke holes and say “This” or “That”, I’m writing all this to rouse you up and say, however loyal you guys may be, “WTH is going on with this game” and get some kind of response, this game has been in development for almost 6 years, and they’ve gone dark for the last bit of development, at least, let’s hope so. I’m seriously getting the feeling that they don’t even check these forums anymore, and looking at the rest of the Subversion Topics, no-one else really checks them either, and the interest on the Subversion forums is waning, a simple check of the “Last Post” dates will confirm that, they need to breathe new life into the forums, and kick start public interest again, what good it if they release the game tomorrow let’s say, and no one even realises right away, because no one bothers checking the forums for updates anymore. I Hope you all agree, or if not all...at least most of you :P

(Once again Folks, Sorry for the 500 word Essay, I think I’ve written more in these two posts that the game developers have all year, please Introversion, we want to love you, but... :( don't make it this hard...)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:13 pm

I don't know where to begin to tell you that you're wrong... The devs DO check the forum, they just don't post a lot. The game isn't on hold (though I can't say that with 100% certainty), but the devs still don't have to keep telling you that and on more than one occasion they've said that they're not going to talk about it a lot anymore but the game is still being developed. They won't suddenly release the game tomorrow, you'll hear about it long enough before it's out.

Oh, and don't try to sweep other people with your "motivational speech", it never works ;)

Most importantly don't get all defensive, I'm not flaming you or anything.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:10 am

Eggman360 wrote:--==<snip>==--

Too long, no paragraph breaks, didn't read.

xander
Eggman360
level0

Postby Eggman360 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks guys for the positive feedback, don't worry, I'm not like 12 and won't go on a defensive rant. :)

Maybe it's just me that wants too much information, I'm one of those development junkies that likes to see how things are coming along. I just used the "release tomorrow" thing to say that it says number of people in the forums at bottom. The numbers usually seem low. :(

But this is why I'm writing all this stuff, I want to be proved wrong :) and I don't want this game to stop, or go on hold, "Indie games" these days are always 1,000x better than anything else out there, I mean look at the iPhone app store...

(and the whole rousing speech thing, is just in the spirit of "Subversion" :P it means insight chaos and cause revolution :) ) but I'm not one of those that gets all snotty and defensive in forums and look, I'm even using spaces now :P, thank you for squashing my fears. :)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Eggman360
level0

Postby Eggman360 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:27 pm

Aww dammit! :O I said I wanted to be proven wrong, :( But this is what I was hinting at, losing steam, but I'm not going to go on about it, Chris' words are 1,000x more powerful than anything I could try to write on here, it would have been an epic game...just release to us what you've made so far :P please!

And mate, I think we've proved that two people on a forum with different opinions can still stay civil, I enjoyed the banter, but now it's over :( take it easy guys, and I'll see you in the other forum pages.

Return to “Subversion”