Subversion pre-order??

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

Taliss
level0

Subversion pre-order??

Postby Taliss » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 pm

I heard that cash flow problems may have been hindering progress on Subversion? Just wanted to say that I consider Introversion games to be some of the best ever. Defcon in particular is my all time favourite game, and I have played many over the years. Bought all the games on Steam, then bought the Darwinia special edition tin and Defcon special edition.

Not entirely sure how far into development the latest game is but I would be happy to throw some cash Introversion's way if it helps to keep these guys going (many people would I guess).
Perhaps a pre-order for Subversion would help to generate some cash??
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:55 pm

I think it's still more then a year away, kinda early for pre-order and there latest post stated they were doing fine, or one might say even doing good considering their recent past.
Last edited by Jordy... on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mscottx88
level0

Postby mscottx88 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:08 am

It's amazing to me how many people use the wrong form of the word "there". If you are speaking of the ownership of a thing in a sentence, then it's "their" not "there".

Just saying.

Tips

Spell out your contractions. Replace can't with cannot, you're with you are, and they're with they are. This way, you will catch yourself if you make a mistake in writing.

The students misplaced they're books → The students misplaced they are books.
Here, the second sentence makes no sense; hence, it is improper usage.

If you're unsure if you're using "their" correctly, try replacing it with "my" —the sentence should work with the substitution. For example: Their house is purple. If you replace "their" with "my" the sentence still makes sense: My house is purple. So, you know you're using "their" correctly.

If you've ruled out "they're" or "their" as the correct form, then "there" is one you should go with!

If you have "there is" or "there are" then it's always "there" -- you'd never say "they're is" or "they're are" or "their is" or "their are".

Remember there, their, and they're by the following rules:
there: the word here is in there so refer to there as a word for location.
their: the word he is in their so refer to their as a word for people.
they're: there is an ' in they're so they're is like they are. Instead of saying they're, say they are to see if it makes sense.

Another hint: “there” has “here” buried inside it to remind you it refers to place, while “their” has “heir” buried in it to remind you that it has to do with possession

Try imagining this scene: you see your neighbours standing outside their house, picking up garbage that they accidentally spilled on the ground. You point at them and say to your friend: "Look over there [location], they're [they are] picking up their garbage [possession]"
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:14 pm

lol
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:24 pm

That's either the ballsiest entry into a forum or the smartest spambot we've seen so far. (Only some middle bits are copy-pasted from elsewhere, it seems.)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:41 pm

mscottx88 wrote:It's amazing to me how many people use the wrong form of the word "there". If you are speaking of the ownership of a thing in a sentence, then it's "their" not "there".

It's amazing to me how many people enter into a new community by correcting the English grammar or usage of someone who is not a native speaker of English. I'm hoping you are a spambot, because that would excuse your stupidity.

xander
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:21 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:(Only some middle bits are copy-pasted from elsewhere, it seems.)

Judging by Google, the post is pretty much a direct copy/paste (and hence a copyright violation) of wikiHow, with a bit edited out of the middle, according to this online plagiarism checker.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:52 pm

xander wrote:
mscottx88 wrote:It's amazing to me how many people use the wrong form of the word "there". If you are speaking of the ownership of a thing in a sentence, then it's "their" not "there".

It's amazing to me how many people enter into a new community by correcting the English grammar or usage of someone who is not a native speaker of English. I'm hoping you are a spambot, because that would excuse your stupidity.

xander

Ow wow, xander is standing up for his girlfriend *love hearts popping out of my head*
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 pm

And now then, I will command my spamdog to remove this hideous post commenting on my perfectly fine message (see proof above) since it has been proven that it IS indeed spam! Releash the dogs!
eat_pb
level0

Postby eat_pb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Jordy... wrote:And now then, I will command my spamdog to remove this hideous post commenting on my perfectly fine message (see proof above) since it has been proven that it IS indeed spam! Releash the dogs!

THESE WALLS WILL HOLD.
mscottx88
level0

Not spam

Postby mscottx88 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Actually this wasn't spam. And I'm not "new" to the community per se. I've been following Introversion for many years. Just thought I would get off my duff and knock down some of the louder voices a peg or two.

Now that you have been properly schooled in the correct usage of the word "there", "their", and "they're" we all know that your sentences will make more sense in the future.

My work here is done.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Not spam

Postby xander » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:11 pm

mscottx88 wrote:Actually this wasn't spam. And I'm not "new" to the community per se. I've been following Introversion for many years. Just thought I would get off my duff and knock down some of the louder voices a peg or two.

Now that you have been properly schooled in the correct usage of the word "there", "their", and "they're" we all know that your sentences will make more sense in the future.

My work here is done.

You, sir, are a moron.

xander
Snall
level1
level1

Postby Snall » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:33 am

I like to correct people too....only my enemies and my friends though. But seriously that huge post about the the(i)'re's is just silly and makes him come of as a smarmy marmot.
Legion303
level1
level1

Postby Legion303 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:02 am

mscottx88 wrote:If you're unsure if you're using "their" correctly, try replacing it with "my" —the sentence should work with the substitution. For example: Their house is purple. If you replace "their" with "my" the sentence still makes sense: My house is purple. So, you know you're using "their" correctly.

That doesn't make sense at all. My house is blue.

I AM MORE CONFUSED THEN EVER!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Legion303 wrote:
mscottx88 wrote:If you're unsure if you're using "their" correctly, try replacing it with "my" —the sentence should work with the substitution. For example: Their house is purple. If you replace "their" with "my" the sentence still makes sense: My house is purple. So, you know you're using "their" correctly.

That doesn't make sense at all. My house is blue.

I AM MORE CONFUSED THEN EVER!

Heh.

xander

Return to “Subversion”