UNOFFICIAL Beta testers list

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

Vincenty82
level0

UNOFFICIAL Beta testers list

Postby Vincenty82 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi
I am new to this forum so helo to everyone. I am big fan of introversion games and would like to help dev's and the community. I know that most of people here would like to be a beta tester and judging from all the badges some of you already participated in at least one beta :). As we are all waiting for official request from IV team i don't see a reason why not to make a list of forum mebers that would be interested in participating in beta test of long awaited Subversion. If you agree with me please sign yourself underneath this post and state why you wan't to be included beta test and why they should chose you.

I will make a list in this thread of all of you that replyed her.

Here goes:
.Jordy...
.Zach
.Xocrates
.ynbniar
.Xander
.Mas Tnega
.Montyphy
.elexis
Last edited by Vincenty82 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:04 pm

I don't see a reason to make a list in this thread, as I am sure Introversion will give us the opportunity - like they did with previous betas - to enter in our computer specifications and reasons for wanting to beta-test Subversion.

Having a thread like this will most likely unnecessarily clutter the specifications and reasons for wishing to participate.

Feel free to go ahead with this thread, but I doubt it'll mean anything in the end.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Zach you have such a negative vibe around you.. perhaps it's because you recently returned from the dead after being buried for a while. However, I would like to beta test!!

ME, Me, me, me
Vincenty82
level0

Postby Vincenty82 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:35 pm

zach wrote:...but I doubt it'll mean anything in the end.

Mabye it will, maby it won't but doubt shouldn't stand in your way to find out :)
At the end of the day you won't loose a thing by trying, you can only gain. :wink:

I am sure IV will give us a chance but having a list of people that want to particpiate could be useful (hence unofficial in the title)

PS Don't underestimate needs of many. Some did in the course of history and payed dearly :D
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Vincenty82 wrote:I am sure IV will give us a chance but having a list of people that want to particpiate could be useful (hence unofficial in the title)

More useful than a system dedicated to collect information from anyone willing to beta test like they did for all the previous betas?

Vincenty82 wrote:PS Don't underestimate needs of many. Some did in the course of history and payed dearly :D

Key word: "needs". You don't need this.

By all means, make the thread, just don't expect a) to achieve anything b) to have anyone care
Vincenty82
level0

Postby Vincenty82 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Xocrates wrote:More useful than a system dedicated to collect information from anyone willing to beta test like they did for all the previous betas?

Well, if i have had participated in previous betas i would know an answer. More important, is it available now for Subversion?
Xocrates wrote:Key word: "needs". You don't need this.

I wonder, how do you know what i need? :? I think you meant that YOU don't need this.
Xocrates wrote:By all means, make the thread, just don't expect a) to achieve anything b) to have anyone care

I kinda already did.
a) I have achieved one goal: gained your attention
b) 3 people including you cared enough to reply here.

PS Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome :o :D
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Vincenty82 wrote:
Xocrates wrote:More useful than a system dedicated to collect information from anyone willing to beta test like they did for all the previous betas?

Well, if i have had participated in previous betas i would know an answer. More important, is it available now for Subversion?

It likely won't be available until the beta is about to start. So, no.

Vincenty82 wrote:I wonder, how do you know what i need? :? I think you meant that YOU don't need this.

If you "need" (as opposed to "want") a videogame, please go see a doctor. That could be the symptom of something rather serious.
Vincenty82
level0

Postby Vincenty82 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Xocrates wrote:It likely won't be available until the beta is about to start. So, no.

It was a rhetorical question.
Xocrates wrote:If you "need" (as opposed to "want") a videogame, please go see a doctor. That could be the symptom of something rather serious.

I thought that you were referring to this thread as I did, but since you changed the subject i do like playing good games and this one grows to be an AWESOME one and if it will be anything like Uplink in playability it goes to my NEED to have list.
Additionally i wonder what made you so upset that you want to send me to a doctor?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Ow.. look who's raised good?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Vincenty82 wrote:I thought that you were referring to this thread as I did, but since you changed the subject i do like playing good games and this one grows to be an AWESOME one and if it will be anything like Uplink in playability it goes to my NEED to have list.
Additionally i wonder what made you so upset that you want to send me to a doctor?

Same difference. You don't "need" the game and as I pointed out this thread is essentially useless and it certainly isn't a need of the "many".

Speaking of which:

PS Don't underestimate needs of many. Some did in the course of history and payed dearly :D

Despite (or even because) the smiley face at the end this sounds a lot like a threat.

Meaning that you were making seriously hyperbolic statements about the "need" of videogame in an internet forum, which rubbed me off the wrong way as it only makes you come across as self-entitled brat.

The "go see a doctor" thing was meant to be taken as somewhat serious joke with the intent of pointing what that you were acting a bit too highly.

Now, don't take me wrong, I don't hate you and it is normal for newcomers to say and make stupid things (as it is rather normal for the old timers to be jerks towards them when they do. See it as a sort of trial by fire)

All I'm saying is that you should try to be more responsible and level headed with your posts. You are not important and as such we don't really care what you think.
Frankly, have your thread, just don't act like it's meant to achieve something.
Vincenty82
level0

Postby Vincenty82 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Xocrates wrote:Same difference. You don't "need" the game and as I pointed out this thread is essentially useless and it certainly isn't a need of the "many".

Not really. I was only trying to be helpful to those who want to be helped and clearly you are not one of them. And since you stated that its useless for you i don't see why you should continue to replying here. Is it just to bump up your ego?
Xocrates wrote:

Despite (or even because) the smiley face at the end this sounds a lot like a threat.

Well it was meant as a joke hence the smile at the end. If it was confusing or offensive to you then i apologize. Next time i will put word 'joke' in brackets to avoid misunderstanding.
Xocrates wrote:...
Now, don't take me wrong, I don't hate you and it is normal for newcomers to say and make stupid things (as it is rather normal for the old timers to be jerks towards them when they do. See it as a sort of trial by fire)
All I'm saying is that you should try to be more responsible and level headed with your posts. You are not important and as such we don't really care what you think.
Frankly, have your thread, just don't act like it's meant to achieve something.

You don't hate me?!? I know that this is a forum for a game and not a place where we exchange pleasantries or hatred. I hope you as well understand the difference.
After such a statement you came across as a self-appointed judge and the jury on what is and what is not right(or stupid) to say on this forum. Plus the statement WE... who made you community representative i wonder?
And no, its not normal that an old timer should be a 'jerk' to newcomers for their first post that doesn't fit in their idealistic view(or what they think is right). If anything, its their lack of manners and ability to help beginners (saying that my posts are useless? I don't think its helpful).
Plus, who is important or not, as a person (I assume), is not for you to decide at all!
I think that since you are carrying such a baggage of experience of 'trailing by fire' maybe you should follow your own advice and be more responsible with your own posts.

Now to anyone that is actually interested in this thread please put your name bellow and I will make a list.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:53 pm

Xocrates you want me to call-inn back up support? I've xander on the line and he's eager to jump in for you..
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Vincenty82 wrote:I think that since you are carrying such a baggage of experience of 'trailing by fire' maybe you should follow your own advice and be more responsible with your own posts.

I am, which is why I'm telling you all this.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:03 am

Lynch xander :!:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:45 am

*snrk* Hrm?

/me goes back to sleep.

xander