Subversion, make your guess!

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:45 pm

With all the zombie talk all I can think of is how cool a Left 4 Dead random map generator would be.
Radiobuzz
level2
level2

Postby Radiobuzz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 am

My guess, too, is that it has something to do with spying, maybe even corporation spying. It may be something like Uplink but to a greater scale, and the ultimate goal of the game might be to bring down the gobernment.

Or not, who knows.
thobal
level1
level1

Postby thobal » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:26 pm

The Matrix-eske strategy game.

You recruit hackers and gunmen, you buy guns, rob banks, hack computers, inflitrate buildings, crash helicopters.

There will likely be some huge mega-corp or seemingly evil government, and you'll play the rebels.

You'll know they're evil, but not to much. You need to gather information, deployment scheduals, cargo lists, and use the information gathered to steal equipment, capture technicians, and so on and so forth.

Basically, you'll play Morpheus. And you'll be subverting the system to attack the evil empire. And you'll be hunted depending on what you do.

Instead of most games, where you play this awesome hero where you're a nearly unstoppable warrior, in this you'll be the hunted rebels, fighting against impossible odds.

That or you play Agent Smith. With a new rebel every weak. Whatever the case, I'm expecting something a bit like the original X-COM
neo1000
level1
level1

Postby neo1000 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:28 pm

"Subversion" is the secret code name for "Duke Nukem Forever". Remember - you heard it from me first.
Shandolum
level0

Postby Shandolum » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Maybe it will be an FPS. No, it is far too wast and simple for this, though it would be über nice to have something like it implemented.
Maybe it is a strategy game. But what would be the point in physics, though it would be über nice to see a RISK type game in this.

My guess is:
The game will be about expanding a faction of people through takeovers of floors, buildings and blocks. Defending what is taken over and expanding as much as possible.
Infiltrating enemy grounds without the enemy knowing, sabotaging systems and the likes. But really, it is difficult to say at this point.

One thing I would like to see is buildings under construction/destruction, so that the city would change during gameplay.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Multiplayer only. One player is in a god-like control (like in Darwinia and Multiwinia) and the others are in first-person mode. The FP guys need to do missions while the god guy tries to stop them with the tools he has (control over a few NPCs, calling police etc.)

:P
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:05 pm

NeatNit wrote:Multiplayer only. One player is in a god-like control (like in Darwinia and Multiwinia) and the others are in first-person mode. The FP guys need to do missions while the god guy tries to stop them with the tools he has (control over a few NPCs, calling police etc.)

:P

That would actually be interesting...although I imagine difficult to balance.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Uplink 2
Nakatomi is coming
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:18 pm

Uplink sucks.

Let the banflame war begin!!

But really, I truly think it sucks.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 pm

I do too neatnit, it just looks so old and boring, I mean who the hack hacks for fun? I thoughed hacking was only done to make money :)
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Then you clearly know very little about a lot of Hackers/Crackers....
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:28 pm

NeatNit wrote:Uplink sucks.

You suck

Cyan. wrote:I do too neatnit, it just looks so old and boring, I mean who the hack hacks for fun? I thoughed hacking was only done to make money :)

You suck
Nakatomi is coming
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:41 pm

coolsi wrote:

You suck

Cyan. wrote:I do too neatnit, it just looks so old and boring, I mean who the hack hacks for fun? I thoughed hacking was only done to make money :)

You suck

QFT.

xander
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:59 pm

xander wrote:
coolsi wrote:

You suck

You suck

QFT.

xander
Do you actively seek out his posts to do this?
Qwertyuiopas
level0

Postby Qwertyuiopas » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 am

Hidden hint: In the first picture, it has shown more than the viewing window, with buttons such as blueprints, email, and such.

Growing on that, we get single person, or maybe very small group.

Based on the doors, it will be played from first or third person.

Beyond that, it is hinted at to possibly be either an infiltration game or a combat game.

Judging how Introversion rarely does the popular thing that is really just overhyped, it will focus on stealth and avoiding combat, but probably have combat as a lesser solution.

The lack of extreme physics but existance of simple physics says that it will be simulating the nearby blocks, but not the whole city at a time.

The current graphics appear more of a placeholder, but it appears that you will view "blueprints" like that from some screen or menu.

The detailed elevator and door mechanics shows that it won't be simply a nearly unpopulated area, but the engine would be unable to simulate full city population, so it must be abstracted, so a couple thousand people at once at most, more likely hundreds or less.

Will have computer hacking, maybe even electrical hacking.

Could be an assasination sim, but more likely to be focused on infiltration and group psychology(blend in with the office crowd?).

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/introversion/viewtopic.php?t=566

See the images? It has a forum, email, blueprints, and contacts button.

Like uplink, but more in-character, and focused on physical infiltration instead on digital, but still with digital.

But most of all, it will ba a game that I REALLY want to play.

Return to “Subversion”