Prison Architect Alpha 29

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 29

Postby blipadouzi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:32 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:I think the new needs will apply for new prisoner arrivals, but not to the current prisoners. I'm not sure on this though.

You are 100% correct. The game generates prisoner stats upon arrival.
lysurgic
level0

Postby lysurgic » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:12 pm

My parole room does not work. The chief and warden sit at the visitors table, and nobody ever shows up. I moved the room to somewhere closer to the center of the prison, and changed the existing parole room to the execution room but the chief and warden are "tired" and never move from the old parole room. I have already sacked and replaced them once. Nothing changed. anyone else experienced this?

update - sacked the warden and chief again, got new ones, they sit in their office all day and never go to the new parole room.

update - I'm a fool and didn't notice I had to schedule parole hearings in the scheduler. whoops....
thergin
level0

Postby thergin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:46 pm

Parole needs tweaking,

I cant build a large prison because its a bottleneck if it works.

One hearing per 3 hours, only 1 warden and 1 chief so you cant get more to have multiple rooms going at same time.

10k is a big loss, too large in my opinion.

My suggestion is -5k for reoffender, make hearing happen even if chief or lawyer or warden dont show, just needs 1, and make each hearing last 1 hour.

The reality is your warden should not have to spend all day in that room.

Thanks for all the great work, and the updates are amazing, love the library, and chapel.
bigmac11
level0

Postby bigmac11 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Hello, first new update is great thanks you!!!
For second I have problem with some bugs.
After about 8-12 hours of playing and evovlving my prison, "jobs" get stoped, and many of them can not been completed. With title: Job Blocked (To Dangerous).
I dont know, what should I do, Or you will fix it in neyt update....
Thanks a lot.
07onur
level1
level1

Postby 07onur » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:23 am

Just save and then load your game, this will solve your problem.
hysteria4u
level0

Postby hysteria4u » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Love everything you added. Only concerns are as follow.

- With such a large map, and more land to expand, I will never be able to utilize it because I can't have more than 200+ prisoners. I would love to be able to hold thousands and hold a massive prison on a massive scale. Right now to have perfect smoothness, I am only able to do around 100-150 at most.

- Sometimes the prisoners get stuck after they get into fights or do anything bad behavior wise. The only way I've been able to slightly fix this is by making every bad thing they do, a solitary punishment.

Been watching this game grow for some time. Keep up the great work, I hope you constantly keep adding more new features because this is the most in-depth fun prison management game I have ever seen!
0Shurikan0
level0

Postby 0Shurikan0 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:24 am

"BUG" when the time 3x faster the gardeners can't move when they are cleaning the leaves
orbnauticus
level0

Postby orbnauticus » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:19 am

Nicotin wrote:For everyone interested:

If I'm not mistaken, to not make any loss in the long run your "parole cutoff" should be set to maximum 23%.
At this percentage you will make 0$ in the long run.

If you want to make money set it to something below.
If you want to make your prisoners happy but loose money set it to something higher.

Formular to check my calculation: (1-p) * 3000 + p* -10000 = 0
If I'm not mistaken this should be correct

That would be true if *every* prisoner had a 23% reoffend chance. Since parole is successful for anyone whose chance is below the cutoff, you get the expected payout by adding it up for everyone up to 23%.

For cutoff x, the expected long-term pay is 3000*x + 6500*x^2 (this is the integrated formula given above).

23% is indeed the highest-paying cutoff with expected revenue of $346.15 per parolee. If you look at a graph of this formula (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=3000x+-+6500x%5E2), it's also clear that you will only make a profit for cutoffs between 0 and 46%.

Return to “Introversion Blog”