Prison Architect Alpha 25

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
dibley1973
level1
level1

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 25

Postby dibley1973 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:56 pm

bamapookie wrote:Do prisoners who kill a guard also get the Cop Killer reputation?

Would be a good feature!
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Great to see the MOD updates on top of everything else in the video... MODS are the future of this game for sure. It will be awesome to add a bunch of things and really customize your prison architect experience. Personally I might start thinking about a Commissary...
dieffenbachj
level0

Postby dieffenbachj » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:42 pm

I hope that guard training is only the beginning of seeing as much depth for guards as there are for prisoners!

I want to see guards looking at smut instead of watching the CCTV, or becoming a source of contraband for the prisoners if they're corrupt, or being all-too-ready to beat a prisoner to death rather than to merely unconsciousness, all depending on their personality.

Hopefully the next step is personal relationships leading to factions within the prison.

Anyway, fantastic update, can't wait for the Next Big Thing in iron bars and concrete walls.
RoyBread
level1
level1

Postby RoyBread » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:48 am

Any chance of the servos this update broke being fixed soon?
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:14 pm

RoyBread wrote:Any chance of the servos this update broke being fixed soon?

Broken? Do you mean that they require an electricity connection (indirect) now?
RoyBread
level1
level1

Postby RoyBread » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Half of them seem to require a direct connection.
Edit: Scratch that, they all require a direct connection.
Edit 2: actually it's like 99%.

What gives?
Cacafuego
level0

Postby Cacafuego » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Sounds good, guys. Can't wait to play with it.

I hope you guys find a fix for the FoodWaste bug (5441) soon. It's really annoying =)

Also some way to pin chefs/doctors/etc to a particular kitchen/infirmary/etc. Or at least find some way to improve the efficiency of the task selection UI - it's really a problem growing large jails that you can't have many geographically distant kitchens and things.
excessusfame
level0

Postby excessusfame » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:44 pm

awesome patch! things are more interesting now just got one of my legendary prisoner who is a cop killer got killed by my guards :D so much for being legendary
Dutex
level0

Postby Dutex » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Excellent update!

Finally running your prison feels like true prison, not kindergarden with little princesses who get mad if they don't get their soup in time! Also taking Max Secs are now truly as dangerous as it should be. If you accept them in your prison, you have to be aware that it will cause lots of problems. Starting new prison from scratch with max secs should never be an good option. I haven't test prison with med or min secs yet. But Max secs are as dangerous as they should be now.

Only thing that should need tweaking is deadly attribute, Its bit too OP just now. Maybe better way would be chancing Deadly to Martial Artist or some kind of that and then they could punch a guy unconscious with single hit and kill with second. Now you cant prevent them killing your guards anyway cos they just one shot everyone. If they could only punch guys unconscious, the way to subdue them would be enough guard to beat him. Lone guard should never be a good option.

What needs big update is guard behaviour. At the moment guard AI is way too suicidal and stupid. When they see misconduct they attack prisoner until either prisoner is unconscious or guard himself are dead. Guards attack crowds even when they are outnumbered and have no chance to survive that combat. This needs chances!

Changes that i would like to see:
- Guards try to outnumber misbehaving prisoners 1:2. May attack lonely non dangerous prisoner alone. If prisoners is considered very dangerous may wait even 1:3 situation.
- Guard waits for backup before engaging. Possibly trying to defend doors to prevent escapes.
- If guard is loosing the fight, he/she tries to withdraw out from the situation.
- Player can order guard to attack or withdraw from fight.
- If someones (prisoner/staff/another guard) life is in danger guard will engage even if he/she is outnumbered. Winning the time!
and so on..
iDema
level0

Postby iDema » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:18 pm

How to download "PANIC BUTTON" ??

I don't find the URL...

Thanks
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:55 pm

iDema wrote:How to download "PANIC BUTTON" ??

I don't find the URL...

Thanks

It's in the first post:

Chris wrote:- Panic Button mod
A new 'official' test mod that adds a Panic Button to the game, using the new script commands.
Injured staff members will run to it and press it, and guards will be summoned to the area.
Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =318449188
iDema
level0

Postby iDema » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Ok thanks...but i don't have downloaded Prison Architecht by steam, but by OFFICIAL SITE....can i have panic button in a .zip file ??? Thanks ,,,
Rammbriel
level0

Postby Rammbriel » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:08 pm

If a SuperMax prisoner kills another prisoner, he returns to max sec, i think it's a bug.
maxp779
level0

Postby maxp779 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Rammbriel wrote:If a SuperMax prisoner kills another prisoner, he returns to max sec, i think it's a bug.

Is that what causes it? Ive had this guy get back into maxsec 3 times now... he dosent quit... or die!

http://i.imgur.com/7B1clq1.jpg

Death is a daily thing in my prison now lol.
maxp779
level0

Postby maxp779 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Yup there he goes again... ended well though :D

http://i.imgur.com/w72TAJ7.jpg

Return to “Introversion Blog”