Postby xander » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Excellent. And kudos to Reef.

xander
Kitee
level0

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 22

Postby Kitee » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:56 pm

Great work guys!! :mrgreen:

Was very interested to hear you were surprised that officers not seeking medical aid was the top ranked bug. There's nothing worse than your struggling prison losing multiple guards (who are near death, yet run across a prison to 'help out' in a skermish), then having to hire new ones at $500 a pop. Was the final blow to many of my early prisons.
agaa1
level1
level1

Postby agaa1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:55 am

Fantastic job on the bugs, really really appreciate it. :D Doing a shakedown on a 600 cell prison previously had at least 20 guards stuck in various places... was a micromanagement nightmare to get them moving again. But now it works flawlessly smooth. :D
MajoR OUTBreaKS
level0

Postby MajoR OUTBreaKS » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:39 am

Wow nice job guys!! thank you for your important work, P A is my fav game!
Jesperlange1
level0

Can u fix the lag when building large prisons

Postby Jesperlange1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:27 am

Can u fix the lag when building large prisons? or is there some kind of fix? e.g. if I fill the medium map with foundation it starts to lag heavily.. (and it is 100% not my hardware)

I think this would be the most important issue to solve..
acegamer08
level3
level3

Re: Can u fix the lag when building large prisons

Postby acegamer08 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:03 am

Jesperlange1 wrote:Can u fix the lag when building large prisons? or is there some kind of fix? e.g. if I fill the medium map with foundation it starts to lag heavily.. (and it is 100% not my hardware)

no more bug bash....they have moved on (back to adding features.)
shutupparrot
level0

Postby shutupparrot » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:38 am

Thanks for all your hard work guys.
shutupparrot
level0

Postby shutupparrot » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:42 am

I don't see build 22 when following the link provided. Where is it?
shutupparrot
level0

Postby shutupparrot » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:00 pm

shutupparrot wrote:I don't see build 22 when following the link provided. Where is it?

http://www.prison-architect.com/builds.html? - This one works.
Jesperlange1
level0

Postby Jesperlange1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:48 pm

acegamer08 wrote:
Jesperlange1 wrote:Can u fix the lag when building large prisons? or is there some kind of fix? e.g. if I fill the medium map with foundation it starts to lag heavily.. (and it is 100% not my hardware)

This is way more important than any knew feature!
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Jesperlange1 wrote:
acegamer08 wrote:

i think you mean "new" (instead of "knew" ), yes i agree....it must have been either to low on the list (vote wise), or very hard to fix.... i really wish people had voted for it, as oppose to the "guards not seeking medical attention on their own" bug.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Jesperlange1 wrote:This is way more important than any knew feature!

It may be but that's not how development usually works. New features are added and then the bugs are eliminated.
homel
level0

Postby homel » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 am

Jesperlange1 wrote:
acegamer08 wrote:

I think they will always try to fix bugs.
I agree that this is possibly the most annoying bug, BUT i just loaded my giant 700/1200 inmates prison (because of the lag it was no fun to wait till its filled) and i have the feeling that it is lagging less now. My guess is that some of the issue was caused by the game trying to find paths for all the stuck staff and a whole bunch of other stuff. I also sold all my export stuff manually and now it runs smoother. It would be so great to get a fork-lift truck and pallets to load and unload the delivery trucks ;D
mazetar
level2
level2

Postby mazetar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:22 pm

111none wrote:But I always wanted to be a mantis mod! I just never got a reply when I asked to help -.-. But ok.

We plan on continuing our spring cleaning of mantis, so if you want to help out then head over to the spring cleaning thread in the alpha forum.
The BugBash may be over, but there's plenty of work remaining before mantis is clean so we plan on continuing on with it :)
I figure that the more we can do to clean it up now, the easier it will be to maintain it and make it stay clean for the next BugBash's ^^
mazetar
level2
level2

Postby mazetar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:26 pm

homel wrote:
Jesperlange1 wrote:I think they will always try to fix bugs.
I agree that this is possibly the most annoying bug, BUT i just loaded my giant 700/1200 inmates prison (because of the lag it was no fun to wait till its filled) and i have the feeling that it is lagging less now. My guess is that some of the issue was caused by the game trying to find paths for all the stuck staff and a whole bunch of other stuff. I also sold all my export stuff manually and now it runs smoother. It would be so great to get a fork-lift truck and pallets to load and unload the delivery trucks ;D

Performance fixes are being worked on in most updates, but it's not possible the properly optimize a program before it's finished and so there will be ups and downs in performance as we go forward.
That being said these fixes may improve performance for the reasons you said, it's wasting less time on buggy stuff which makes it run faster :)

Return to “Introversion Blog”