Prison Architect Alpha 17

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
mscottx88
level0

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby mscottx88 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Which then means that if you want to keep the valuation of your prison so you can sell it, don't sack the dog handler LOL. Thanks for the laugh Chris!
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:56 am

xander wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:Did he say/mention that?

Close to the beginning, when he introduces the weapons rack. He notes that there are lots of different things on the rack, most of which are not in the game yet.

xander

Ah...those...Yeah I know these, only gun and shotgun are available while the rest weapons are only available on modifying.. I thought Chris would add sub machine guns, grenades etc...
goodvibesman
level1
level1

Postby goodvibesman » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:51 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
xander wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:Did he say/mention that?

Close to the beginning, when he introduces the weapons rack. He notes that there are lots of different things on the rack, most of which are not in the game yet.

xander

Ah...those...Yeah I know these, only gun and shotgun are available while the rest weapons are only available on modifying.. I thought Chris would add sub machine guns, grenades etc...

Seems highly unlikely that we'll ever see such weapons unless someone mods them in. I mean come on, grenades?
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:55 pm

goodvibesman wrote:
Seems highly unlikely that we'll ever see such weapons unless someone mods them in. I mean come on, grenades?

Just saying :P, Chris restricts mostly moding abilities such as create our own staff, objects etc so I doubt if we can mod weapons.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:15 pm

goodvibesman wrote:Seems highly unlikely that we'll ever see such weapons unless someone mods them in. I mean come on, grenades?

Less-lethal grenades would be a nice addition. Tear/CS gas, flashbangs etc.
BetaSpark
level1
level1

Postby BetaSpark » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:14 pm

Thank you!
jojoruneshark
level0

Postby jojoruneshark » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:12 am

In alpha 18 can u add girl prisoners so you can make two separate 'Big cell blocks one for boys one for girls. and can you add hostages. and can you add workshop things. and that they can suicide. these are just ideas but pls pls pls add the hostage thing it would be cool 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :oops:
civ00000004
level0

Postby civ00000004 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Make Lawyer work please...
srluis
level0

Postby srluis » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:51 pm

I like to see Watch Towers in this game
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:36 am

thekillergreece wrote:
goodvibesman wrote:

Just saying :P, Chris restricts mostly moding abilities such as create our own staff, objects etc so I doubt if we can mod weapons.

You can mod weapons that are already in materials.txt because it means they already exist but are hidden.
Otherwise no, because you would have to edit the source files. (don't think they are accessible by opening .exe with an application editor).

You can mod the weapons in by changing save files (code weapons to be on floor, then your guards/armed guards can get them!)!
Anthlon
level0

Postby Anthlon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Gorpe wrote:is there a bug with the kennel my dogs seem to go to drop @ the entrance i dont know if they are resting or not ?

found somewhere:
After looking through the game files of Alpha 17, I found a typo that causes this bug. Dogs are listed as 'stafff' instead of 'staff', so if your kennel is made Staff Only, they won't be able to enter. you can simply designate your kennel as free.

So far worked for 100-50% of all cases i met.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Anthlon wrote:
Gorpe wrote:is there a bug with the kennel my dogs seem to go to drop @ the entrance i dont know if they are resting or not ?

found somewhere:
After looking through the game files of Alpha 17, I found a typo that causes this bug. Dogs are listed as 'stafff' instead of 'staff', so if your kennel is made Staff Only, they won't be able to enter. you can simply designate your kennel as free.

So far worked for 100-50% of all cases i met.

Location of supposed fix is here. I only say "supposed" because I have not personally tried it, but the explanation is sound.
rybeats
level0

Postby rybeats » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:35 am

I would highly doubt that prisons (at least in the US) have mixed-genders. !. That would be stupid 2.Too much of a hassle because of the "reports" that would happens :D
Train3229
level0

Postby Train3229 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:52 pm

Hey guys, very nice game.
I really like the automatic tree-farming.

- Will it be possible in the future to set the new prisoners manually in their new cell? So it would be possible to give them a cell far away of his enemy gang.
- And there we allready have the next question ;) will there be enemy gangs? actually prisoners only attack things and staff, maybe they will attack other prisoners without warning on the Yard or in the canteen, like the real-life prison fights :)
- Is it possible to set Cookers to their kitchen and to setup the number of cooked meals for every single canteen manually? Because i had the Problem of two different cell blocks and the didnt make enought meals for cellblock 2. The hole meal was in cellblock 1 .
- Maybe we can set a different Regime for each cellblock?
- Will prisoners released earlier for good conduct?
- Whats about for Details for the staff? Like shifts where they come and leave, or a staff canteen. The drinkmachine is a exellent start for this.
- A Game over when Prisoners kill the Warden or take him hostage?
- And some more fancy ascape attempts like using the prisoner uniform as rope or sth.
- Digging faster tunnels or escape attempts with help from outside.
there should be more stuff going on, you wont notice when you don´t patrol or check some Corners of your prison

Thank you for the lovely game, i hope These ideas are okay. :)

Marcus,
Germany
WISD0MTREE
level1
level1

Postby WISD0MTREE » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Best update for the best game!!! :D :D :D

And get those stafff dogs working, please! :lol:

Return to “Introversion Blog”