Prison Architect Alpha 17

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Zepsilon
level0
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby Zepsilon » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:59 pm

Lovely stuff! This game is really progressing quickly. I think its still missing something major thought; FEMALE PRISONERS!?!?!? Has anyone else noticed this? Are there no female crime-doers in this world?
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16859
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby xander » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Zepsilon wrote:Lovely stuff! This game is really progressing quickly. I think its still missing something major thought; FEMALE PRISONERS!?!?!? Has anyone else noticed this? Are there no female crime-doers in this world?

Female prisoners have been discussed multiple times in the past, on the developer forum. The current state of affairs is basically as follows: mixed prisons are exceedingly uncommon, thus it would be surprising to see both male and female prisoners in the same place. Hence it is unlikely that we will ever see female prisoners in the canonical Prison Architect. On the other hand, it is quite easy (relatively speaking) to create a graphics mod which will replace male prisoners with female prisoners.

For more details, please search the developer forum. I notice that you do not have access to that forum yet, which means that you need to register your Prison Architect key. If you bought Prison Architect directly from Introversion, then instructions should be in the email that you received. If you got the game via Steam, please read these instructions.

xander
Gorpe
level0
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby Gorpe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:36 pm

is there a bug with the kennel my dogs seem to go to drop @ the entrance i dont know if they are resting or not ?
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16859
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby xander » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:43 pm

Gorpe wrote:is there a bug with the kennel my dogs seem to go to drop @ the entrance i dont know if they are resting or not ?

That is an excellent topic of discussion for the Developer Forum. I suggest that you have a look over there to see what you can find.

xander
kingdark
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby kingdark » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:50 pm

I like the scenario as written before my post VERY much indeed :)

edit:
I haven't read the topic(s) relating the female prisoners but since it's a game, shouldn't the option just be there just to be there? You know, better have it and don't need it then needing it and not having it? I'm not looking to (re)start that argument here and I'll look into those topics after writing this. I suppose that mods could easily do such a thing anyway though...
Tubetrain
level0
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby Tubetrain » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:02 pm

Great update, been hoping for armed guards for ages. Although now that prisoners now have the potential to kill dozens of guards in a single escape/riot, I hope that we will actually be able to punish them for murder soon.
User avatar
111none
level4
level4
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:32 am
Location: Wangjing, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby 111none » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:55 pm

The moment Chris said guns.......
Ok great job Chris! Happy (Lunar) new year!!!
Hope we get gangs implemented by mid June :d (fingers are crossed.)
jtom
level0
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:46 am

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby jtom » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:43 am

I think i heard somewhere along the video that he "rigged" his speed up to go to super ultra speed how can i do that also >>> dosen't work that well with big prisons can you fix that in Alpha 18?
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16859
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby xander » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:34 am

jtom: In the future, if you are having connection problems or the forum otherwise behaves oddly and you end up posting the same thing several times over, please be aware that you can delete posts, as long as they have not been replied to yet. The button to do this appears at the top of your post, and has an "X" on it. I took the liberty of cleaning up for you this time. ;)

As to the substance of your post, my understanding is that he rigged the growth rate of trees in order to demonstrate how they function. This is a debugging tool that will likely not be released to the public.

xander
FastTquick
level0
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby FastTquick » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:09 am

I think armed guards are a nice new addition to Prison Architect, but if I've got a complaint about them, it's that I find it a bit extreme to have to hire a guard armed with a lethal weapon to patrol a canteen just to stop prisoners from fighting. I also would prefer that there would be more variety in the weapons and guards have the option of carrying non-lethal suppression weapons like tasers and bean-bag shotguns and not just the normal lethal shotguns/rifles.
RPMiller
level0
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:02 am

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby RPMiller » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:47 pm

So, if trees are planted close to walls will that allow prisoners to climb the trees to escape over the walls?
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16859
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby xander » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:14 pm

FastTquick wrote:I think armed guards are a nice new addition to Prison Architect, but if I've got a complaint about them, it's that I find it a bit extreme to have to hire a guard armed with a lethal weapon to patrol a canteen just to stop prisoners from fighting. I also would prefer that there would be more variety in the weapons and guards have the option of carrying non-lethal suppression weapons like tasers and bean-bag shotguns and not just the normal lethal shotguns/rifles.

Have another look at the release video---it seems pretty clear that Chris is planning on introducing other weapons at some point.

xander
thekillergreece
level4
level4
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 pm
Location: Ammm...Greece maybe?

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:18 pm

xander wrote:
FastTquick wrote:I think armed guards are a nice new addition to Prison Architect, but if I've got a complaint about them, it's that I find it a bit extreme to have to hire a guard armed with a lethal weapon to patrol a canteen just to stop prisoners from fighting. I also would prefer that there would be more variety in the weapons and guards have the option of carrying non-lethal suppression weapons like tasers and bean-bag shotguns and not just the normal lethal shotguns/rifles.

Have another look at the release video---it seems pretty clear that Chris is planning on introducing other weapons at some point.

xander


Did he say/mention that?
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16859
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby xander » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:22 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Did he say/mention that?

Close to the beginning, when he introduces the weapons rack. He notes that there are lots of different things on the rack, most of which are not in the game yet.

xander
mscottx88
level0
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 17

Postby mscottx88 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:45 pm

The bug where the dogs drop at the entrance to the kennel has an interesting side effect. If you sack the dog handler that is associated with the dog(s), the dog goes crazy, runs into your prison and finds some unsuspecting prisoner and mauls them to death and then leaves your prison. Funniest shit ever.

Return to “Introversion Blog”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest