Prison Architect Alpha 16 released

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
qlf00n
level0

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 16 released

Postby qlf00n » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm

I think there's a bug with cutting trees for sawing in the workshop. If you plant them one by one and then "dismantle" / harvest everything is ok but if plant them by selecting a tree and dragging it over the place (in a row or similar for space efficiency) it most often gives the wood of one tree when harvesting. Long story short: you plant many trees and you harvest like it was one planted. Anybody want to confirm this?
MikeDoesntKnow
level0

Postby MikeDoesntKnow » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:13 pm

The Name In The Game upgrade is amazing! You get the PA art book, PA soundtrack, Defcon (w/soundtrack), Darwinia (w/soundtrack), Multiwinia, and Uplink (w/soundtrack). Not only do you get direct downloads, you get a steam code!

Atticus wrote:
For starters, all ‘Name in the Game’ customers can now customize the size, face type and colour of their prisoners by using our new Name in the game system which you can find here.

All i'm seeing in the link is the choice to upgrade for $10. Looked in game too and no options to customize look, just transfer prisoner.

Any help for those of us who previously purchased 'Name in the Game' and would like to customize prisoner?

Watch the video. You customize your prisoner in a web browser.
Tigerchen
level0

Postby Tigerchen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Great Update. Thanks for this awesome game. This Alpha is growing so fast and stable and that with such a nice little studio, its unbelievable. Many other developers can use your work as an example how to do it right. Have a nice day and a happy new year :)
satoru
level0

Postby satoru » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Just as a side note about purchasing

Maybe a Humble Store widget would be better? The sendowl "50 download limit" is kinda junky compared to the normal "download whenever you want" kind of thing more stores have. Not that I'll be downloading much anyway, but it just seems like such an arcane 'limitation' from the vendor you're using. You could, possibly, integrate all that into the Humble Store UI instead? not sure but it's just a thought.

In any case $10 upgrade complete! Now just typing up the bio of my Top Secret RPG character.
Axios
level2
level2

Postby Axios » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:06 am

Amazing update! Thank you!
kalleva
level0

Postby kalleva » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:45 am

hey man
this game comes better and better every patch! :D
but i still have wishes/idears for the game. :?
here is a list:
-the electirk chair should work
-armor and other weapons for guards
-3 diffren 'regims' for prisoners
-specify what the guard should do
-little campain
-and diffrent types of guards
that all ;D

hope you can read all my bad english xD (im german)
Choppie
level0

Postby Choppie » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:38 am

qlf00n wrote:I think there's a bug with cutting trees for sawing in the workshop. If you plant them one by one and then "dismantle" / harvest everything is ok but if plant them by selecting a tree and dragging it over the place (in a row or similar for space efficiency) it most often gives the wood of one tree when harvesting. Long story short: you plant many trees and you harvest like it was one planted. Anybody want to confirm this?

I can confirm that this happens in my game, too. :cry:
cleansation
level0

Postby cleansation » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:55 am

satoru wrote:In any case $10 upgrade complete! Now just typing up the bio of my Top Secret RPG character.

Could I get some help?

I've bought the uprade and done what the guide in the PA_Nameingame_Upgrade.pdf tells me, but when I try to register my name on http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/ it keeps telling me I only own the standard version of the game, which is true, but I didn't get an actual upgrade key or anything, just a bunch of their older games and soundtrack keys.

I'm no doubt missing something super obvious, but I can't figure it out right now.
Feisty
level0

Postby Feisty » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:23 am

I think this will help you :) Got the same problem first

http://support.introversion.co.uk/custo ... rade-promo
cleansation
level0

Postby cleansation » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:31 am

Feisty wrote:I think this will help you :) Got the same problem first

Thanks. Ordered through paypal and the paypal email doesn't seem to work though... Oh well, will try and send them an mail.
satoru
level0

Postby satoru » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:21 am

cleansation wrote:
Feisty wrote:I think this will help you :) Got the same problem first

Thanks. Ordered through paypal and the paypal email doesn't seem to work though... Oh well, will try and send them an mail.

If you ordered through paypay, use the PAYPAL email. Not your forum email. For some reason that's how mine went through since my forum email is diffrent than my Paypal email

Ok for Steam users he's what you likely need to do

1) Log into the registration page using your Introversion forum credential
2) Purchase the $10 upgrade
3) Purchase via Paypal
4) Go back to the registration page
5) Click the "Register you Name"
6) In the blank field where you would put in the serial, put in your PAYPAL EMAIL (for me this was really confusing because my forum email is different than my paypal email)
7) voila you now have the name your prisoner UI
qlf00n
level0

Postby qlf00n » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:28 am

Choppie wrote:
qlf00n wrote:I think there's a bug with cutting trees for sawing in the workshop. If you plant them one by one and then "dismantle" / harvest everything is ok but if plant them by selecting a tree and dragging it over the place (in a row or similar for space efficiency) it most often gives the wood of one tree when harvesting. Long story short: you plant many trees and you harvest like it was one planted. Anybody want to confirm this?

I can confirm that this happens in my game, too. :cry:

Where can we report this issue? Is this thread appropriate place? The bug looks pretty easy to fix from the outside.
stoner7
level1
level1

Postby stoner7 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:02 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I notice that prisoners are not taking foods..

I'm having this problem as well. In A15c, all prisoners would eat. Now, even with a 2-hour meal time, many remain in their cells and the Needs->Food bar has a long red bar. There is also no blue bar indicating food is being satisfied.

This occurs on a prison I began in A15c.
wUndertUnge
level1
level1

Postby wUndertUnge » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Atticus wrote:
For starters, all ‘Name in the Game’ customers can now customize the size, face type and colour of their prisoners by using our new Name in the game system which you can find here.

Any help for those of us who previously purchased 'Name in the Game' and would like to customize prisoner?

**Update**

Thx for reply
went to http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/

Went there, but the actual Name in the Game feature seems broken. All I'm getting is red lettering over the menu and no bodily customization
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:54 pm

I said it before, I'll say it again: One of the things I look forward to most in a new PA alpha is the release video. Those are always a blast!

But I have a suggestion for those in future updates: When Johnny or Ryan or Alistair or any other of Introversions freelance guys make significant changes to the game, why not have them join Mark and Chris in the presentation of those features? I think it would be great to have them talk a bit about their own work in those release videos :)

Return to “Introversion Blog”