Prison Architect Alpha 15

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
MiriW
level2
level2

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 15

Postby MiriW » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 am

Only dead visitors do that. You can edit the save file or create a visitationroom that isn't affected by riots.

Just wanted to say thank you for the optimizations - this is brilliant! Loving being able to run giant prisons :)
Newe6000
level0

Postby Newe6000 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:00 pm

UpandAtom wrote:I have a problem with corpses sliding off the hearse as it drives away. I searched the forum and wiki and only found 1 subtle mention of this like 5 months ago.

If someone dies it creates an infinite loop of guards loading bodies on to the hearse, bodies sliding off, guards put bodies back in morgue, repeat.

Yeah, I got that too.

MiriW wrote:Only dead visitors do that. You can edit the save file or create a visitationroom that isn't affected by riots.

Just wanted to say thank you for the optimizations - this is brilliant! Loving being able to run giant prisons :)

I can confirm this. The dead body was that of an old woman visiting. It seems like some strange bug where the visitors cant move as fast as the hearse so every time they get loaded on the hearse drives away faster leaving them behind to be put back into the morgue and unsuccessfully put on another hearse only to get left behind again.

Also, I don't know if this happened in previous updates but I have dogs patrolling up and down 1 wide corridors with cell doors on either side and every time a dog brushes past a cell door it adds a "Todo: Open Door" to the door. This gets REALLY frustrating as the guards run around at night when all the cell doors have shut constantly opening them because a dog brushed past them. Nothing gets done at night because of this spam of open door requests. I think the dog handler should be the only person that will open doors for the dog.

Also another thing: for some reason when I did a shakedown I got a dog that got stuck just lying down next to a toilet after it had searched it. Nothing I did would make it move again, in the end I clicked on its handler, sacked them, and hired another one. After that the dog remained behind for some reason and it finally showed up that the dog was fully exhausted (I guess maybe it just got stuck permanently out of energy by the toilet?) and then proceeded to leave the prison like a leaving visitor or released prisoner.
Jorvard
level0

Postby Jorvard » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah, I got the Cancel-Bug too. Costs time and money, so I hope for a hotfix :wink:
Jorvard
level0

Postby Jorvard » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Jorvard wrote:Yeah, I got the Cancel-Bug too. Costs time and money, so I hope for a hotfix :wink:

Funny, right after writing that post, I started the game to see if I could get along with the bug. And suddendly
everything works just fine. Brilliant :D
Crispy959
level0

Postby Crispy959 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Just mentioning the dead visitor glitch and less responsive workers. Upgrades to the worker energy system are nice.

Also, I haven't built a new laundry yet, but have the issues been resolved there?
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:01 pm

There's supposedly been a hotfix (unconfirmed by me; just relaying information) here to address the cancellation issue. Confusingly, it's named the same thing and just another release of Alpha 15. If you're on steam you should get another update, and if you're downloading from the site, just download Alpha 15 again.

I'll put forth the suggestion to IV that it may be easier to call subsequent public releases different names such as "Alpha 15.1" or "Alpha 15b" with corresponding change-logs. Right now it seems to be confusing to many on which version of Alpha 15 they have, and from an ideal configuration management perspective, this question shouldn't come up.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Who ho! I knew I'VE wasn't gonna be a let down like (cough) EA
Simalacrum
level0

Postby Simalacrum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:16 pm

I've also been having the cancellation bug as other people have stated.

Furthermore, foundations seem to have even more trouble becoming actually buildings than before :\ Update is great and all but the game in its current state is pretty broken!
DavidPolak
level0

Postby DavidPolak » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Simalacrum wrote:I've also been having the cancellation bug as other people have stated.

Furthermore, foundations seem to have even more trouble becoming actually buildings than before :\ Update is great and all but the game in its current state is pretty broken!

Go upgrade pal

Bugs fixed with this new version (15b), so it's cool.
Macha
level0

Postby Macha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:33 am

Any chance of a hotfix for the missing contraband, or is that put off until Alpha 16?
GoForNuke
level0

Postby GoForNuke » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:11 pm

I don't know what you mean by cancelling construction I could do that, but nobody had started a construction on my prison.

Contraband and Tunnels are missing in my prison too, on the other hand there is way more slapping and punshing :)

PS: Contraband still there but very little.
Beckah101
level0

Postby Beckah101 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:33 pm

For some reason since I updated my game I can no longer have power in my prison. I've tried doing single and multiple power stations and they always crash. Is there anyway I can fix this or is anyone else having this problem?
xenmate
level0

Postby xenmate » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:00 pm

My workers keep on getting stuck on large jail and cell doors for ages so the doors won't shut. It's incredibly annoying.

Otherwise if the devs are reading this, thank you for this game, it's one of the best games I have ever played.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Beckah101 wrote:For some reason since I updated my game I can no longer have power in my prison. I've tried doing single and multiple power stations and they always crash. Is there anyway I can fix this or is anyone else having this problem?

Multiple stations cannot be connected to each other, but you say this also doesn't work for you with single stations. I'd turn each capacitor on (they default to off if the station tripped previously) and then switch on the power station again. What does the red bar on the left side of the power station graphic do? Blink red or steady? We'll probably need a screenshot for this troubleshooting to go much further.
DavidPolak
level0

Postby DavidPolak » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Yeah no, contraband still not working.
The staff stuck on walls is up aswell.

Return to “Introversion Blog”