Prison Architect alpha13 HOTFIX released

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Prison Architect alpha13 HOTFIX released

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:09 pm

Turns out alpha13 was unlucky for some after all.

As many of you are aware, we broke the pathfinding quite severely in alpha13. We introduced a bug which would cause the Deployment screen to show a greyed out world, meaning no sectors had been found. This had the knock-on effect that all pathfinding would fail, grinding your prison to a halt. Everyone would just stand around, looking lost.

We have now released a hotfix that resolves this issue, and a few others. Steam users will be automatically updated (you may need to restart steam). Non-steam users can download the fix from our builds page - just download alpha13 again:
http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarc ... uilds.html

The new version number in the main menu should be "alpha13b".

Here is a full list of changes in alpha13b:

Code: Select all

- Fixed: Critical bug with deployment system, resulting in a failure to subdivide the map into sectors.
    This caused most pathfinding within the game to fail, grinding the prison to a halt.

- Fixed: Punishments maxed out at five hours, regardless of what you set in the Policy screen

- Fixed: Patrol positions were not being saved properly

- Fixed: Bug in the laundry system that prevented prisoners from changing into clean uniforms

- There is now a tooltip in the Patrols screen, to make it clearer how to assign guards to patrols
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Great! A nice update to fix the bugs..
Holyshrine
level1
level1

Postby Holyshrine » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Cool - going to try this out now.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Chris, something you rushed or confused..

When I click "FOUNDATION" and click "BUILDING" It shows me the tooltip about assigning guards to patrol :P. Check it
crazybmanp
level0

Postby crazybmanp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Introversion is best version!

Seriously, thank you guys for being the best game studio that we all can enjoy being customers of, and hopefully give more of our money to in the future!
Hurracane
level0

Postby Hurracane » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:23 pm

In my save game Chris, my workers are getting stuck and they are not building some things.

My workers are actually starting to build pipes in a very weird way. I lost 2 prisoners to the big pipes running near their cell so I changed it and put small pipes in and when I started building them the workers basically said no at the crossroad in the walls and didn't build anything there, so I tried just underneath and they started building there but then stopped and they wont continue. Now after this hotfix they seem to build every single pipe in that area at the same location. The prison is pretty much buggered and I can't continue with it... which is a little upsetting because I had a great layout, but I can build again.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Hurracane wrote:In my save game Chris, my workers are getting stuck and they are not building some things.

My workers are actually starting to build pipes in a very weird way. I lost 2 prisoners to the big pipes running near their cell so I changed it and put small pipes in and when I started building them the workers basically said no at the crossroad in the walls and didn't build anything there, so I tried just underneath and they started building there but then stopped and they wont continue. Now after this hotfix they seem to build every single pipe in that area at the same location. The prison is pretty much buggered and I can't continue with it... which is a little upsetting because I had a great layout, but I can build again.

Bugs should be posted on the bug tracker and discussed in the Developer forum. If you can't access either of those links you need to register your game.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Thanks for the bug release Chris musch appreicated! Even get to play it before i go away ;)
VIPERGTSR01
level1
level1

Postby VIPERGTSR01 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Much appreciated hotfix, I gave up on PA until Alpha 14 but now I can enjoy the changes in the mean time.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:12 pm

that's very exellent - which is very good to do emergency update
McEdy
level2
level2

Postby McEdy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Thx Chris, these bug fixing updates are AWESOME :D Pls maintain them!
Hamster3
level1
level1

Postby Hamster3 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks Chris!
bolesting
level1
level1

Postby bolesting » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Nice one, great!
AppealPlay
level1
level1

Postby AppealPlay » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Yay! Thanks for the hotfix. I very much appreciate it. :)
sburymozza
level1
level1

Postby sburymozza » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:42 am

- There is now a tooltip in the Patrols screen, to make it clearer how to assign guards to patrols

This appears when i am building in my game

Return to “Introversion Blog”