Prison Architect Alpha 12

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
rip4ever
level1
level1

Postby rip4ever » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:02 pm

Sounds like a search is needed before any alpha videos can be made. Prisoner Chris Delay obviously has smuggled in a mobile phone!

:lol:
ShawnMcCool
level0

Customizable controls?

Postby ShawnMcCool » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Hate to beat a dead horse. But, I've been holding off on updates because I don't use QWERTY and don't want to mess with updating if I can't play the game.

Are there customizable keyboard bindings, yet?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:49 pm

Pretty sure you can use a key remapping program...
Axios
level2
level2

Postby Axios » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:01 pm

"Contraband found by guards is still dropped on the floor, but will now auto-vanish after 10 seconds"

Maybe in afuture alpha, create a contraband storage area in security room and empty the area every 24 hours, so if a prisoner sneak in....
dvr89
level1
level1

Postby dvr89 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:25 pm

Axios wrote:"Contraband found by guards is still dropped on the floor, but will now auto-vanish after 10 seconds"

Maybe in afuture alpha, create a contraband storage area in security room and empty the area every 24 hours, so if a prisoner sneak in....

That's a great idea! But maybe it should go back to where is belonged! Like tools back to the workshop and medicine back to the infirmary etc. And drugs should be destroyed and the prisoner 10 year extra for trafficking?
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:26 pm

I have found Dog leash..Probably some signs that dog handler and dog unit will be released the next alpha, alpha13 or alpha14?
rip4ever
level1
level1

Postby rip4ever » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:28 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I have found Dog leash..Probably some signs that dog handler and dog unit will be released the next alpha, alpha13 or alpha14?

Or maybe the warden will have a dog and the prisoners will have to walk it for him.

:lol:
GroundDweller
level0

Postby GroundDweller » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:18 pm

The whole prison shakedown seems like a great way to start a riot. I'll be using it a lot then...

Great update, look forward to trying it out.
qwert7661
level1
level1

Postby qwert7661 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:41 pm

acegamer08 wrote:yes...what did i tell you xan
its out

Lol get a life
qwert7661
level1
level1

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 12

Postby qwert7661 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:47 pm

Chris wrote:- Fixed: Drains will no longer block doors from closing

There is a god, his name is Alpha 12.
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:04 am

qwert7661 wrote:
acegamer08 wrote:yes...what did i tell you xan
its out

Lol get a life

fuck you
qwert7661
level1
level1

Postby qwert7661 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:31 am

dvr89 wrote:
Axios wrote:"Contraband found by guards is still dropped on the floor, but will now auto-vanish after 10 seconds"

That's a great idea! But maybe it should go back to where is belonged! Like tools back to the workshop and medicine back to the infirmary etc. And drugs should be destroyed and the prisoner 10 year extra for trafficking?

yes to everything here yes yes yes
DeltaTango
level0

Postby DeltaTango » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:52 am

"Metal Detectors now fall out of action for 3 seconds after detecting something"

This is gamey and dumb, This is a design attempt to allow more contraband to exist in your jail. Why else make something act so unrealistic? I work with these on a daily basis. They dont stop working for three seconds!! Dumb.

I am disappointed with this Alpha. At least I have next month to look forward to. Id rather see bugs fixed and other features with more meaning implemented such as gangs, corruption, guard towers, special characters (prisoners and guards like gang officers or inmate leaders calling out hits or directing criminal activity), more special circumstance decision making issues like so and so wants such and such, do you A) blah blah B) yada yada or C) hmmm with various consequences and greater influences on inmates and morale.

The game is a delight to play but it needs more depth other than just building a prison. There needs to be strategy based on special characters or some other game within a game going on here...cat n mouse stuff....problem solving. I know, give it time.

For example, heres a gameplay element you could do with contraband. As it is now in A12, you can somehow see how magically the point of origin contraband was obtained or smuggled in and track its movments. Big deal. What if you could only see that information or various levels of its accuracy only IF you had a special guard (an investigator - prisons have these guys). And depending on his skill level (he gets XP based on time or you can pay to send him to training), the greater degree of info you get on where that contraband originated. And say by doing that, you are able to identify a prisoner fencing items (selling and buying) and thus could take him down with a search to get his large stash then stick him in solitary. But perhaps in the meantine, the leader of an inmate gang is plotting to kill your investigator because he is too good or getting to effective. Thats were you might need an investigator trained in gang intelligence or develop prisoner informers. Then those informers need protection if discovered - protection such as you just might have to lose a great informer by transferring him out of your prison to save his life before he is killed.

Its that kind of game within a game stuff that would add depth more than just plumbing toilets and building walls. I know I know....wait.
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 am

DeltaTango wrote:"Metal Detectors now fall out of action for 3 seconds after detecting something"

This is gamey and dumb, This is a design attempt to allow more contraband to exist in your jail. Why else make something act so unrealistic? I work with these on a daily basis. They dont stop working for three seconds!! Dumb.

I am disappointed with this Alpha. At least I have next month to look forward to. Id rather see bugs fixed and other features with more meaning implemented such as gangs, corruption, guard towers, special characters (prisoners and guards like gang officers or inmate leaders calling out hits or directing criminal activity), more special circumstance decision making issues like so and so wants such and such, do you A) blah blah B) yada yada or C) hmmm with various consequences and greater influences on inmates and morale.

The game is a delight to play but it needs more depth other than just building a prison. There needs to be strategy based on special characters or some other game within a game going on here...cat n mouse stuff....problem solving. I know, give it time.

For example, heres a gameplay element you could do with contraband. As it is now in A12, you can somehow see how magically the point of origin contraband was obtained or smuggled in and track its movments. Big deal. What if you could only see that information or various levels of its accuracy only IF you had a special guard (an investigator - prisons have these guys). And depending on his skill level (he gets XP based on time or you can pay to send him to training), the greater degree of info you get on where that contraband originated. And say by doing that, you are able to identify a prisoner fencing items (selling and buying) and thus could take him down with a search to get his large stash then stick him in solitary. But perhaps in the meantine, the leader of an inmate gang is plotting to kill your investigator because he is too good or getting to effective. Thats were you might need an investigator trained in gang intelligence or develop prisoner informers. Then those informers need protection if discovered - protection such as you just might have to lose a great informer by transferring him out of your prison to save his life before he is killed.

Its that kind of game within a game stuff that would add depth more than just plumbing toilets and building walls. I know I know....wait.

It's an alpha.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:35 pm

'Gamey'...

It's a game!

Although before this degenerates in to a slagging match I actually find a lot of Deltatango's comments interesting. But I also think much of what is being talked about is already in place or similar/ doable with a little change of emphasis or refinement. Which as we're all saying, can be expected as this is an Alpha...

I need some time to play as it's been a couple of Alphas since I had the chance... thinking about how some of the people dynamics might get more amusing/ complex, how about priests and/ or nuns visiting prisoners instead of families on occasion? (e.g. like in Dead Man Walking with Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn, or the current tutorial level...) prisoners might improve or worsen their moods depending on what they think of different kinds of visitor, and the player's own judgement calls about who to invite could have varied results. And there might be some amusing repercussions of prisoners talking to other prisoner's visitors...

Return to “Introversion Blog”