Prison Architect Alpha 12

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Lakstoties
level0

Postby Lakstoties » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:05 am

DeltaTango wrote:"Metal Detectors now fall out of action for 3 seconds after detecting something"

This is gamey and dumb, This is a design attempt to allow more contraband to exist in your jail. Why else make something act so unrealistic? I work with these on a daily basis. They dont stop working for three seconds!! Dumb.

Indeed. I've used various kinds of metal detectors and they keep on working. Working for a police department software company, I got the grand tour of a correctional facility and worked with all officers within the corrections system. You trigger a metal detector, they search you until they find something, and you must run through the thing clean. If they don't find something easily, they get the hand held metal detector wands, and will damn near carry you down to medical and X-ray you until they find something after a full cavity search. Other prisoners will stay the hell away from someone who triggered the detector. And every prisoner must go through a metal detector checkpoint properly or not at all.

Greeba wrote:... And there might be some amusing repercussions of prisoners talking to other prisoner's visitors...

Doesn't happen. Period. You even look at another prisoner or group visitors, you are immediately removed and have visitation rights revoked for months. Just look up the visitation policies for most correctional facilities for the visitors. As a visitor, you are barely allowed your clothing and shoes when entering a visitation area. Depending on the facility, the prisoner is either in a separate room with the visitors and a guard, or behind a plexiglass booth.

I know it's a game, but you abstract it too far from the subject matter it's suppose to represent... It becomes a disingenuous parody of what it is suppose to be. Alpha or not, there's excuse for slacking on design.
mike2w
level0

Clothing Bug?

Postby mike2w » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:34 am

Is there a bug with the Clothing Need?

I installed a Laundry and the Prisoners working there washed and delivered Clothing to all Cells.
But the Prisoners were not taking there new Cloth and are constantly wining that they need new Cloth.
I am not sure if i am missing something.

Thanks

Edit:
After saving and loading they took there new Cloth. So no big Problem.
Axios
level2
level2

Postby Axios » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm

In the video at 04:25 we can see "needs" tab and there is an "environnement" need but I don't have it in Alpha 12. Is it for future release?

Thanks.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:20 am

Yep.
VIPERGTSR01
level1
level1

Re: Clothing Bug?

Postby VIPERGTSR01 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:28 am

mike2w wrote:Edit:
After saving and loading they took there new Cloth. So no big Problem.

Yeah but you have to repeat that over and over, good thing they don't riot due to clothing anymore.
BeoTeK
level0

Postby BeoTeK » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:37 pm

I have just bought this game and I must say, I am loving it!

Just one thing I've noticed, on Steam the last update was Alpha10 which was posted end May. Is this correct, or is it updated, just not the news?
Axios
level2
level2

Postby Axios » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:20 am

BeoTeK wrote:I have just bought this game and I must say, I am loving it!

Just one thing I've noticed, on Steam the last update was Alpha10 which was posted end May. Is this correct, or is it updated, just not the news?

If you see the steam store page or the steam community page of Prison Architect you will see that lastest entry is alpha 12. http://steamcommunity.com/app/233450
WiseJeff
level0

Suggestion

Postby WiseJeff » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:14 pm

Loving the game, just a few suggestions...

1) Visitors can be taken away by hearse (I have one that keeps sliding off)
2) To be able to station guards by doors, so their sole job is opening/closing the door. They wouldn't open it if the prisoner was carrying contraband, or shouldn't go through
3) More aggressive prisoners
4) Guards get experienced and so are more likely to find contraband when patrolling etc, but in turn can only be employed for a certain length of time.
5) Injuries can be long term
6) Long term feuds between prisoners
7) Gangs
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Re: Suggestion

Postby MAdMaN » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:12 pm

WiseJeff wrote:Loving the game, just a few suggestions...

All have already been suggested in the Prison Architect Developer forum (where suggestions are supposed to be posted).

Return to “Introversion Blog”