Prison Architect Alpha10 launched

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Fri May 31, 2013 1:13 am

One thing I was really happy to hear about Thomas having rejoined you guys. I really don't know about the circumstances, but I do know that it always felt a bit off to have had introversion go back to just the original founders... minus one.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Fri May 31, 2013 3:51 am

Another amazing update!
dnocky88
level0

cctv

Postby dnocky88 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:20 am

Hi there, first time posting, just wondering what the situation is with the cctv ? I set up the monitor with a guard and only 1 cctv camera at first and it keep telling me to install more monitors???

cheers D
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Re: cctv

Postby Dosedmonkey » Fri May 31, 2013 9:44 am

dnocky88 wrote:Hi there, first time posting, just wondering what the situation is with the cctv ? I set up the monitor with a guard and only 1 cctv camera at first and it keep telling me to install more monitors???

cheers D

Go on the Development forum, and post a screenshot of the setup, and someone will be able to help you. :lol:

On a side note...

Check out my Alpha 10 video peeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHIt2hDCa1o
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Fri May 31, 2013 11:22 am

It'd be nice, if instead of getting a psychiatrist meaning you instantly get the thermometer, if instead it was more gradual.

For example, after only one or two incidents from a prisoner, their breaking point on the thermometer would appear to flunctuate wildly as the psychiatrist cannot tell with so little data, but after they get to know the prisoners better the breaking point would home into the real value.

If a prisoners breaking point ever changed for some reason, the psychiatrist would need to home into it again.
GrandSlayer
level0

Some Ideas

Postby GrandSlayer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:26 pm

I have some ideas for evolution of this fantastic game. You can use them freely if you want to, i just want to help.
You totaly need to have gangs, thats out of question, i know its hardcore to do them playble but gangs need to be ingame. Why? Prisoners can order riots, market contraband and become more and more powerfull in prison make "hits" on others, and since death to staff and inmates will be financily not good to prison (insurance) lawyer cannot cope with everything. So player need to be aware of fact that gangs are not good. He should have many options to cope with them, harder: legaly, so you need to have judge office and court room (harder cases of prison misconduct should be carried here, and judge may even send prisoner for execution chamber - that procedure would be granted great financial reward so execution procedure should be hard to get, not often, but rewading), getting back to gangs. Every prissoner should atend Psychologist office once a week, if psychologist finds trace of gangmebership he marks prisoners outfit in question mark. Such prisonner should be found by player and taken for questioning to interogation room - one of security offices rooms. In interogation room prisoner could be aproached harshly or kindly (player decides), depending on approach prisoner is giving info or not (should differ on prisoner) (psyhologist sometimes should make mistakes in their evaluation) because if prisoner is not guilty of gang membership and is harsly interogated maybe he would want to join gang, or become more agressive than he was. Depending on evaluation prisoner gives info and prisoners marked by him are gang members (he can lie) those prisoners appear with different outfit then and can be taken care of two ways: one prissoner is going for court and convicted by judge - it should help but it is not as efficient as solitary confinment to gang members or guards sneekkill gangmembers. second option is not legal and if audit people find out about it you have terible fines. thirdly you can work with gangs by giving them money/releasing from prison labour for taking care of some "buisness" for you, lets say more agressive prisonner will be shown some manners :). This should not be legal as well and audition people (lawyers from government/secretservice) should fine you if they find out about it. Prisoners could have possibility to pay for payphones, buy things in prison shop etc. that could be other sources of money for prison. Dead bodies should be taken care of after they been legaly taken care of, should come van and coroner should take bodies away (like garbage unfortunately) There should be posibility to build school and church. Both of such would be used in free time and only some prisoners will atend but for those going to church their agression level will lower, as for schools a little agression level will lower but gooing for school will improve single prissoners abilities and after a week he will be able to make more complicated things at workshop presses and saws. Which will result in highes prices for those. If player will be good at managing prisoners agression by managing gangs/needs/churches/school some of them will resocialize, such prisoner will be less agressive and can be even released by judge from prisson, more prisoners resocialized bigger grants for prison at the end of week. Such prison improvmants will result in higher fluctuation of money and prison and less stability/boredom of players. Imagine prison with high gang evolvement and warden doing nothing about it: result many dead bodies, due to gang hits, high secretservice audits and big fines. Of course security room should have armory posibility to riots armament but that should be expensive, but less expensive than riot guards call. of course there can be security towers with gun that can be shot from distance, but as far as armory is less expensive than riot guards, the pistols/cevlarVests can be obtained by prisoners and riot police will have worse posibility to help. At the end you have many new rooms to add, so you need bigger map as well/and beter saving process since the game have eficiency problems. But the personell like psychologist/warden/chiefsecurity/judge should have posibility to interact with echother to result in managing different problems differently. Like warden could go to judge and ask him for interogation of prisoners if judge agree interogation can proceed, if psychologist finds prisoner conected with gangs, he goes to chief, chief can go to warden and tell him about it, player can order warden to go to judge or to chief of police, going to judge result in law obeyment by player, going to chief result in not so lawfull atempts to react to different things. Warden can ask for execution of prisoner as well, judge, if he agrees, execution takes place with all its benefits. Of course there is big thing in how often different things will happen (riots are to often). Execution cannot be done everyday, ass well are release of prisoner. But if it does player will be happy. secretservice should audit prison every now and then, warden can try to bribe secretservice officer but if he fails officer most likely will put much more effort in finding warden misconduct and fine him. If secretservice findsout about work of warden with gang they will fine him teribly and take away prisoners inwolwed in such gang. But secretservice cannot find such things everytime, that should be rare
dethdukk
level1
level1

Re: Some Ideas

Postby dethdukk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:27 pm

GrandSlayer wrote:*wall of text*

You should check the Prison architect developer/general forums before posting, as a lot of these ideas are already in there (multiple times in fact). Also, you should break up your ideas into paragraphs so its easier to read.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Some Ideas

Postby xander » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 am

GrandSlayer wrote:--==<snip>==--

O_o

Um... I got as far as "I have some ideas..." and gave up. Please add some linebreaks, periods, capital letters... commas, maybe? That wall of text is, frankly, unreadable.

xander
GlitchBoy99
level0

Small problem

Postby GlitchBoy99 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Having a problem with power, couldn't find where to post it other than here. Basically, I have a power source that is hooked up to a 35 x 15 room and another 29 x 15 room with just 6 washing machines in, yet it can't seem to power that. I even went as far as to install 15 capacitors (oh yeah, 15) but it still can't handle it. WTF? Help would be appreciated?
Anoniempje
level1
level1

Postby Anoniempje » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:13 pm

do you get thet same results in alpha 11?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Try the dev forum or the general forum.
GlitchBoy99
level0

Postby GlitchBoy99 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Anoniempje wrote:do you get thet same results in alpha 11?

Yeah, I was on alpha 11 when it happened.
Anoniempje
level1
level1

Postby Anoniempje » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Why are you posting here in alpha 10? Better fit to be in dev or gen.
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:36 am

Bug reports and problems should be posted on the developer area, keep it there.

Return to “Introversion Blog”