Prison Architect alpha8 - ON STEAM

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
bluestrike15
level1
level1

Postby bluestrike15 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:24 am

I think its great the prison architect is now on steam.... if i still had my product key -_-

Nevermind i found the steam key :cry:
Last edited by bluestrike15 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xngxng
level1
level1

Postby xngxng » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:39 am

So, basically, if you're one of those, like me, who can not use Steam, you can give away the key to someone who can use Steam?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:49 am

xngxng wrote:So, basically, if you're one of those, like me, who can not use Steam, you can give away the key to someone who can use Steam?

Strictly speaking, you can. Should you? No.
xngxng
level1
level1

Postby xngxng » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 am

Xocrates wrote:
xngxng wrote:So, basically, if you're one of those, like me, who can not use Steam, you can give away the key to someone who can use Steam?

Strictly speaking, you can. Should you? No.

First, I am pretty sure you do not speak for Introversion in any official capacity.

Second, I was raising the issue. Mostly because I want to make sure I will not be forced to use a third party service I never signed up for. That this game was not a Steam-product was one of the reasons I bought it in the first place.

Third, It is amazing how much bugfixing that was done in this version! Best update yet. By far. I am really hoping they get a couple game-fixes done for next patch too, like at least a temporary economic model with some continuous cashflow without cheating.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 am

ragewaar wrote:"recent outrageous mistreatment at the hands of some big publishers who really should know better" - Felt the pain here on a cityscape game and also again when they offered a free game that did not work.

It didn't work for me in the beginning as well, but yesterday I tried again and this time it worked. Have you only tried it once? I think they said that there were certain days in different zones (US, EU, Asia...) when it would be available, maybe they just made a mistake and notified us too early. I got to download my free game just fine. Although I agree they should have tried to release a working product in the first place, I'm not going to miss up on a free game either when I'm offered one, no matter what I think of the company ;)

xngxng wrote:First, I am pretty sure you do not speak for Introversion in any official capacity.

He never said he would, so why are you saying this? He just told you that you shouldn't hand out your key to people who never paid for the game, that much should be common sense.

xngxng wrote:Second, I was raising the issue. Mostly because I want to make sure I will not be forced to use a third party service I never signed up for. That this game was not a Steam-product was one of the reasons I bought it in the first place.

You should read what Chris said in the OP a little more carefully or listen to what is actually said in the video for Alpha 8: No, you will not have to use steam for this Alpha, nor will you ever be forced to use it to play any Introversion games.

I can understand your question though, I don't want to use steam either :P

xngxng wrote:Third, It is amazing how much bugfixing that was done in this version! Best update yet. By far. I am really hoping they get a couple game-fixes done for next patch too, like at least a temporary economic model with some continuous cashflow without cheating.

Is it really "cheating" when there is no economic model at all in the game yet? In my opinion, the workshop trick is really the only way to get money, that's what it's meat for at the moment. So I wouldn't consider it cheating^^
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
xngxng
level1
level1

Postby xngxng » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:04 pm

VoiD88 wrote:*responding to me with truths*

Thanks for clearing it up for me regarding the promises of not forcing Steam on the users!

And, yea, workshop might not be a cheat as such, but a working or at least semiworking cashflow would greatly add to the game. I feel it is the last piece of the puzzle to actually make it a game, even though, like everyone else, I also want more content too. So.. My vote is on a working game first, content and serious bug fixes second, enter beta third, superpolish fourth, then release FTW.
danbeneton
level0

Postby danbeneton » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:27 am

Awesome news!

keep up the great work, people.
jhunterkramer1
level0

My biggest issue

Postby jhunterkramer1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:45 pm

I just bought your game a week ago on steam. Congradulations on making a cool game.

My biggest issue with this game is the speed at which I am allowed to advance my prison, the >>> speed is remarkably slow when you consider it requires me to wait 24 minutes. The game Essentially ends for me once I have I used up my Grant funds because my prison construction is halted. There there is no way to make money without spending many hours. If you could add a button which allowed me to pass a game day in 5 minutes then I could get deeper into this game. I think that speeding up game time will benifit you as developers because it will allow people like me to dig deeper into your game and expose more bugs.

Thank You
Hunter (USA)
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Agreed with previous post - maximum speed is too slow since Defcon. :)
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: My biggest issue

Postby VoiD88 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:26 pm

jhunterkramer1 wrote:My biggest issue with this game is the speed at which I am allowed to advance my prison, the >>> speed is remarkably slow when you consider it requires me to wait 24 minutes. The game Essentially ends for me once I have I used up my Grant funds because my prison construction is halted. There there is no way to make money without spending many hours. If you could add a button which allowed me to pass a game day in 5 minutes then I could get deeper into this game. I think that speeding up game time will benifit you as developers because it will allow people like me to dig deeper into your game and expose more bugs.

There is another option to get money. Some consider it cheating (I don't, since economy balancing is something that has simply not happened yet) but to progress further into the game, you can of course try it. I've described it in this post. It is in the Developers Forum though, so you need to have registered your Prison Architect with your forum account or it will tell you that the topic does not exist.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.

~Garfield

Return to “Introversion Blog”