Prison Architect Alpha 4 released

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Radio Guy
level0

Postby Radio Guy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 am

Just curious but - can anyone see this live sales data? So far it looks exactly like it did last time.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:44 am

The linux version will come at the end of the alpha. There's no point in Chris spending several days reorganising the game for a Linux build only to have to do it all over again next time he changes something. Unless you want the two games to end up being out of sync with each other, you'll just have to use wine. All reports say it works exactly the same as the PC version, so really there's nothing to bitch about, except for having to use a piece of software you don't want to have to use.

As to the page - it's working just fine. Clear your cache and refresh the page - you'll see numbers floating around the page telling you how many copies of each tier have been sold and how much that equates to.
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 am

The new fog of war looks much better. I think this approach is great!
Sliver59
level1
level1

Postby Sliver59 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:25 am

I'm so glad to see this update out. I've been wanting to use Fog of War, but had to turn it off because of building.

However, are we going to see a difficulty change anytime soon? Reducing the number of inmates per day to a manageable number would be an easy change. (I might be totally off-base on it, though. But the income seems really high)
Godzil
level0

Postby Godzil » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:07 am

Good news!

I was thinking about the "old" Fog of War (FoW) and building, the game could have a "build mode" that temporarily disable the FoW, or display it as it is now, ie zone are shown, but grayed if not visible by guards or CCTV or something like that (ie a "blueprint" display or anything like that will not discover what is currently not shown due to the FoW.
metalbunny
level1
level1

Postby metalbunny » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 pm

GetUpKidAK wrote:Regarding the future of fog of war and what was mentioned in the video, wouldn't it be possible to have a snapshot of the building's last state (in greyscale) instead of the rooftops or just the greyed out layout?

That way, you can still see your layout inside the building, but without revealing any details about what's happening inside until someone has entered again. It'd make quite a nice effect to see it change if that particular building had been trashed or something.

I believe that is basically what we requested when Alpha 3 came out. A static image of how you left it, till someone comes along and reveal the true state of it. Only updating the visuals around your crew of guards etc. would also help graphics performance. Not that performance is a big issue atm, but I'd imaging it could become an issue depending on how complex (feature-wise) you make the simulation as we get further into the development.
Nixiam
level1
level1

Postby Nixiam » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:52 pm

koshensky wrote:The linux version will come at the end of the alpha. There's no point in Chris spending several days reorganising the game for a Linux build only to have to do it all over again next time he changes something. Unless you want the two games to end up being out of sync with each other, you'll just have to use wine. All reports say it works exactly the same as the PC version, so really there's nothing to bitch about, except for having to use a piece of software you don't want to have to use.

As to the page - it's working just fine. Clear your cache and refresh the page - you'll see numbers floating around the page telling you how many copies of each tier have been sold and how much that equates to.

It is true, PA works fine on linux already.
All you need is wine, you don't even have to install it because PA doesn't need to be installed... in most recent distribution no command line is needed, just click on the .exe and it will run as you were in windows.
If you have problems just post in the forum, we will find a fix.
In ubuntu and Mint works better than the windows version for me, is an old pc (7yo) and linux memory usage allow me to play it better.

Return to “Introversion Blog”