A Roadmap for Prison architect

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Rivalyn
level0

Re: A Roadmap for Prison architect

Postby Rivalyn » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:28 am

I purchased the alpha on Steam and wanted to say how pleased I am with your game. I've rarely been so ethically conflicted while having so much fun.

[quote="Chris"]
There’s also a number of fairly massive “unknowns” in our design, which means we really aren’t sure what to do about them. “Guard control and Incident Response” is one of the top ones for me - I really am not sure what sort of level of control you should have over your guards. Maybe they should be directly controllable as if you are playing StarCraft, or maybe you should have zero direct control and they should simply respond to fights based on their training, equipment and orders from you. I feel like you need to be able to respond in some way when a fight breaks out, but I’m not sure how yet.
[/quote]

Personally, I'd like to see a system in which you can rapidly order guards to a certain sector without necessarily giving them direct orders regarding what to do when they get there. They'd respond to whatever is going on in that sector on their own accord. I'm aware that you can already sort-of do this by changing which sector a guard is assigned to for patrolling, but this method is quite cumbersome. I'd like to be able to directly send my guards to the showers (aka "Watery DeathFight Room") without fiddling with multiple menus.

Additionally, it would be fantastic if you implemented a "follow prisoners" order for guards. As it is, I manually assign a guard to cell blocks at night, to the showers during shower time, to the canteen during lunch etc. If guards were able to follow the prisoners through their daily schedules, it would remove a lot of the micromanagement.

I'm really looking forward to the education and rehabilitation systems you have planned. I can't wait to turn my Soviet-style hellhole into a modern reform paradise! Please keep up the great work.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 am

Rivalyn wrote:Personally, I'd like to see a system in which you can rapidly order guards to a certain sector without necessarily giving them direct orders regarding what to do when they get there. They'd respond to whatever is going on in that sector on their own accord. I'm aware that you can already sort-of do this by changing which sector a guard is assigned to for patrolling, but this method is quite cumbersome. I'd like to be able to directly send my guards to the showers (aka "Watery DeathFight Room") without fiddling with multiple menus.

Additionally, it would be fantastic if you implemented a "follow prisoners" order for guards. As it is, I manually assign a guard to cell blocks at night, to the showers during shower time, to the canteen during lunch etc. If guards were able to follow the prisoners through their daily schedules, it would remove a lot of the micromanagement.

Chris stated several times that he intends to remove all control the player currently has over guards, they are meant to operate completely by themselves. That would of course be inconvenient with the current state of their AI, but it probably will happen at some point.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Harmor
level1
level1

Postby Harmor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:09 pm

VoiD88 wrote:
Rivalyn wrote:Personally, I'd like to see a system in which you can rapidly order guards to a certain sector without necessarily giving them direct orders regarding what to do when they get there. They'd respond to whatever is going on in that sector on their own accord. I'm aware that you can already sort-of do this by changing which sector a guard is assigned to for patrolling, but this method is quite cumbersome. I'd like to be able to directly send my guards to the showers (aka "Watery DeathFight Room") without fiddling with multiple menus.

Chris stated several times that he intends to remove all control the player currently has over guards, they are meant to operate completely by themselves. That would of course be inconvenient with the current state of their AI, but it probably will happen at some point.

Hm, does this mean we also won't be able to station them or have them patrol anymore? If so that'd be quite annoying I have to say, because some degree of control over the employees is imo needed. I furthermore highly doubt that any guard AI could do a better job than a seasoned player - although I understand that with the prison growing, the amount of micromanagement might become insane. Overall though, I'd like to have at least a bit of control over my workforce.
Alzeric
level1
level1

Postby Alzeric » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:29 am

Hm, does this mean we also won't be able to station them or have them patrol anymore? If so that'd be quite annoying I have to say, because some degree of control over the employees is imo needed. I furthermore highly doubt that any guard AI could do a better job than a seasoned player - although I understand that with the prison growing, the amount of micromanagement might become insane. Overall though, I'd like to have at least a bit of control over my workforce.

Pretty much think this means you set / deploy routes and then forget about them...to an extent. With properly working AI you "shouldn't" have to interact with your guards anyways.
Benjomin223
level1
level1

Postby Benjomin223 » Wed May 25, 2022 12:25 pm

Architecture in general is a very cool direction. Which has evolved into something new. Now architects, designers not only use their own ideas, but they can also create a 3D model of the project with ready-made designs. For example, I recently required the model 3d table lamp, and I easily found a suitable site 3dbaza.com If anyone else does not know about the existence of the site, for you it will be a discovery, use!

Return to “Introversion Blog”