Prison Architect is now in Alpha

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:14 am

If there is one thing to be learned from kickstarter, it's that there are a lot of people out there with more money than sense and that simply making it "reasonably expensive compared to other products of a similar scale" is certainly not going to result in a more focused group of testers.

Seriously, go on kickstarter and look at a list of backers for anything. A disturbing number of them will have something like "78 other projects backed" and you will question their sanity. (But not their ability to pay $30.)
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Hey, I'm only backing 8 projects and I've only spent around $800 on them altogether, oh god. . . .
Golgothar
level0

Postby Golgothar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Awesome project.

When several years ago i got my UPLINK game directly from a guy that had apparently made it (Chris), in a nice UK package, i knew there was something different in this company.
The first package was lost in the mail and Chris even sent me another one without even asking questions. 10 years ago that wasn't so common and it made a damn nice impression back then.

Ever since i've been following Introversion games, and this is no exception.
I'll try to help with my feedback, and hope you get the game out soon.

Thanks for building it,
Miguel
Adam Black
level4
level4

Postby Adam Black » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 am

Awww :)
Zarkow
level4
level4

Postby Zarkow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:13 am

jelco wrote:That's some selective reading you're doing. I don't have anything against asking people to pay increasingly more for increasing bonuses, but there is a limit. This is a ridiculous max price point. Plus, where Kickstarter bonuses generally involve receiving extra, in this case you're only gaining the option to give extra. That's very different. And I still believe it's wrong to not give community members (that is, proven testers) an option to enter the alpha without payment, considering the past testing sessions.

If someone feels generous enough to do a 1000 dollar donation, I'm not going to stop them. But I'm not going to consider that person sane either.

Not sure if you wrote before all info was up, but I can most absolutely see that something is given back at $1000, in the same way that all kickstarter projects do. Your own warden - i.e. a character based on your likeness, bio etc, at your wish.
alexsoldier881
level0

Alpha Customer Helping

Postby alexsoldier881 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:21 pm

I didn't know it cost $100 to call in riot guards :P, it would work until I found out. Might want to put that in game :D

Return to “Introversion Blog”