Minecraft + Physics = Awesome!

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:19 am

What im thinking when i see this video is a game, with blocks just like Minecraft.

But say instead of a flat world as in flat, it would be a round planet world, say like spore.
cities, landscapes everything able to be destroyed in blocks.

ofc the gameplay and theme, well there are many options. it would be a War game. or a strategy game, where you build everyting in blocks from tanks to youre defenses. you mine the world with maybe havesters block my block use up block resources. Where battles leaves marks and scars on the battlefield landscape, blows hole in the ground, crushing cities.

Im thinking somekinda spore + minecraft + rts combo or something. maybe even some GTA style in there. gta always felt to static for my liking xD whats the fun of having a great big city where everything is made of unbreakable stuff, even the damn tree's cannot be damaged. Static games feels like you are on a stage imo, instead of a breathing world, i dont care how big a world you have, when its mostly static, i rather have a tiny space with full physics.

I definitely think that you guys should consinder expanding on this idea, if you think you got a great concept.

Physic games are great fun, and as in minecraft they dont requires alot of textures, maybe more than youre usally game here, but still 32x32 pixels is what i mainly run with in minecraft, not a huge deal, even notch can make those textures :D and he says he isnt an artist.
CXZman
level1
level1

Postby CXZman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 am

Ever tried Greed corp ?
InsaneDane
level0

Postby InsaneDane » Thu May 05, 2011 12:15 am

I would love to see this as an animation style in the game. Say an acrobat comes swinging through the window XiaoXiao style and the windows shatter into cubes. That would be pretty fitting of the outline stylistic choices that have been made so far.
XttyCTL9
level1
level1

Postby XttyCTL9 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:16 am

hey,i'm play minecraft too.
captjc
level0

Postby captjc » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:41 am

That was awesome. I, for one, would love to see that in some kind game. Maybe a highly stylized FPS in a Darwinia-like world. Maybe even something closer to Garry's Mod.
pokepal101
level0

Source code please?

Postby pokepal101 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Please, please, please, could you release source code for this, or at least some extremely technical specifications?
Like, what language you used, what engine (if any) you used, how the rendering and processing works, etc.

Things like that would really help an indie developer like myself.
chimpslave
level0

voxel tech source code?

Postby chimpslave » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I am starting a small non profit project delving into procedurally generated graphics, Im have troubles finding any kind of code I can learn from. Is there any possibility of obtaining the source code for the voxel tech demo? I will pay in everlasting love or money.
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:43 pm

I think it would be good publicity for Iv to do this.. To me it's kinda frustrating that Chris would release something so innovative and not do anything with it..
lukaar
level0

Re: Minecraft + Physics = Awesome!

Postby lukaar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Anyone heard of 7 Days To Die? its a new zombie survival voxel game with pretty impressive physics so far, its in alpha right now, worth checking out if you like the looks of block physics.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 pm

lukaar wrote:Anyone heard of 7 Days To Die? its a new zombie survival voxel game with pretty impressive physics so far, its in alpha right now, worth checking out if you like the looks of block physics.

Wow **** you bumped a very old thread...We are waiting for alpha14 and you are bumping a thread about Minecraft sh!t..
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:19 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
lukaar wrote:Anyone heard of 7 Days To Die? its a new zombie survival voxel game with pretty impressive physics so far, its in alpha right now, worth checking out if you like the looks of block physics.

Wow **** you bumped a very old thread...We are waiting for alpha14 and you are bumping a thread about Minecraft sh!t..

Um... this thread was last active about a month ago, and is in the IV Blog, not any of the PA fora. Seems like an entirely appropriate bump to me.

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Not entirely relevant though.

What's with quotes failing?
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:29 pm

It's possibly due to whatever they did that also means you can't report posts in this sub-forum.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:29 pm

MAdMaN wrote:It's possibly due to whatever they did that also means you can't report posts in this sub-forum.

Quotes work now (I hope).

xander
Benjomin223
level1
level1

Postby Benjomin223 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:13 am

More and more popular with the younger generation, trick scooters are gaining popularity. My kid already has one, but unfortunately the bars for scooters broke recently. And I found a cool replacement for the broken one in a cool store. Now I want to go back in time to ride one too)

Return to “Introversion Blog”