Darwinia+ : was it worth it?

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
RagingLion
level1
level1

Postby RagingLion » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am

It's brilliant to see you in this position and hear you being positive about the process - I wasn't sure if you were going to conclude that the whole ordeal wasn't worth it given how close you came to destruction - well done for persevering and making the hard decisions nad doing the hard work to survive.

Really loved the Giant Bomb quick look you did. I think you came across really well with your enthusiasm for the game and a number of the comments on that video complemented your general humility. It was heartening to see many also say that they'd never heard of Darwinia but are now keen to play it. The Multiwinia part seemed to go down well as well :). I hope this translates into the sales you guys need.

Really looking forward to hearing more about Subversion very soon. It's great to hear you've already been working on it for many months - that's what I wanted to hear. I too would love to see what Chronometer actually is, if that project gets the chance to be revived at some point in the future.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Got the release day eve blues, Live points are burning a hole in my pocket! Fortunately Modern Warfare 2 and Rock Band will keep me amused for one more day, but tomorrow it's all about Assault on Multiwinia on Live.

See you at the beach 8)
Nutter
level3
level3

Postby Nutter » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Jus picked up Bioshock 2 (does that make me a traitor?), and will be downloading Darwinia+ when I get home. Hopefully I won't be the only one doing that.
- Morten
------------------
RedCell.dk
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Greeba wrote:Got the release day eve blues, Live points are burning a hole in my pocket! Fortunately Modern Warfare 2 and Rock Band will keep me amused for one more day, but tomorrow it's all about Assault on Multiwinia on Live.

See you at the beach 8)
Unfortunately, according to that video, there is no assault mode in it :shock:

I think.
Aegryan
level0

Postby Aegryan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:50 pm

My Xbox died on Sunday (not a RROD or E74 this time), but there was no way I was missing the launch of my favourite game, so I went quite mad and bought a brand new one while the old one is being repaired.

Congratuations, IV, see you at BAFTA.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Has it unlocked yet? It's like, totally Wednesday in Poland.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:52 pm

NeatNit wrote:
Greeba wrote:Got the release day eve blues, Live points are burning a hole in my pocket! Fortunately Modern Warfare 2 and Rock Band will keep me amused for one more day, but tomorrow it's all about Assault on Multiwinia on Live.

See you at the beach 8)
Unfortunately, according to that video, there is no assault mode in it :shock:

I think.

Oh bollocks, I hadn't noticed. Guess they figured it was too unbalanced, but that was my favourite mode :cry:
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
MarquisDeMizzle
level0

kudos

Postby MarquisDeMizzle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Downloaded this morning and squeezed the intro in before work. The control scheme is brilliant, feels like you're in complete control. Great to see you guys come out on the other side of this struggle with a product clearly built with care. Now the hard part, waiting until the end of the day to play some more.
generalbeefs
level0

Postby generalbeefs » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Fantastic! I'll go ahead and download that right away. Now please, please, PLEASE bring Defcon to XBLA!
drakfyre
level1
level1

Thanks for hanging in there

Postby drakfyre » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:14 am

I already purchased D+ and I am trying to get a few of my friends to as well. Been a long time fan of Introversion ever since I first played Uplink. Here's hoping to success to this project and the next, and the next, and the next, etc. :D
Clive At Five
level1
level1

Postby Clive At Five » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:44 pm

A very hearty CONGRATS to you all!

As one who has lurk/stalked IV since discovering you via Ambrosia's Uplink Mac port, I'm extremely happy to see you guys getting to a safe place again ;)

I can't even put into words how excited I am to see Subversion ;) It's on my "most anticipated" list next to StarCraft II and Super Mario Galaxy 2. You, the indy IV Software, are in my top three with Blizzard and Nintendo. Bravo to you.

Thanks for doing what you do.

-Clive
GreenRock
level4
level4

Re: Darwinia+ : was it worth it?

Postby GreenRock » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:49 am

captainslow wrote:Congratulations, IV. Your plan for world domination continues, and...

Chris wrote:I'm now running the Subversion project with Gary and Leander all fulltime

...this was exactly what I wanted to hear.

They deserve a vacation. So long as our giddy little hands are on Darwinia+, we shouldnt be pushing for the next game frrom introversion.
Feud
level5
level5

Re: Darwinia+ : was it worth it?

Postby Feud » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:22 am

GreenRock wrote:They deserve a vacation. So long as our giddy little hands are on Darwinia+, we shouldnt be pushing for the next game frrom introversion.

You don't get eaten by sharks unless you go on vacation (or join the Navy).

I say press on with the coding!
Sebastian1213
level1
level1

Postby Sebastian1213 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:55 pm

nice! i got it on the 1st day... :D but... WE CAN HAZ ASSAULT MODE ? PLZZZ.:(
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:38 pm

So where do we go to post spelling mistakes we've found in the game?! ;)
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.

Return to “Introversion Blog”