Worlds of Possibility

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Khrrck wrote:One thing I'd suggest (if it fits with your Plans) is having some measure of character skill carry over between classes. For example, if you train a wizard to level 20, then switch him to a fighter, he'll be a comparatively terrible fighter, but he'll still retain a decent chunk of wizardy ability. If you then train him to a level 20 fighter, you'd have a character which isn't as strong in either specialty as a level 40 wizard or level 40 fighter, but has some abilities of both.

I think Icepick already has this covered:
Icepick wrote:Characters will level up, yes. My current thinking is that as you level up, the attributes of the character that increase are effected by the abilities you use in the course of that level. Additionally, if you use an ability enough, you will eventually be able to memorise it, and use it more freely. So if you level up a character as a spell caster for 20 levels, you are free to then change him to a warrior, but he won't have the advantage of those 20 levels of using warrior-like abilities - he'll basically he starting from scratch, with all of his bonuses coming entirely from his equipment rather than his 20 levels of experience.

xander
sultan111
level0

Postby sultan111 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:26 pm

I would agree with this , it's completely true
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:23 pm

So, how long until the above poster returns to edit their post with spam?

xander
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Checking the not-quite-existing-anymore profile, I'd guess forever :) (There was a spam link already in the profile, just for the record.)
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:01 pm

xander wrote:So, how long until the above poster returns to edit their post with spam?

xander

Infinity plus one days? I deactivated their account. :P

NeoThermic

Return to “Introversion Blog”