level5

Postby xander » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 pm

In the words of Bruce Cambell, "Groovy."

xander
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Considering I don't know what you want to turn this into, this question may be irrelevant. I was wondering, have you thought about some sort of cooperative Multiplayer? Networking?

I can imagine networking makes all sort of hellish problems.
Byron
level2
level2

Postby Byron » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:08 pm

My current plans are that this game is going to be multiplayer but not in real time since I don't have the resources to do that. There will be a massive market based trading system in the game where you can buy and sell resources. The player can harvest resources from the planes or become a pirate and steal them from NPC's. Resources are used to further tech and also just to raise cash. All this takes place online through the game in a way not too distant from using a web browser. There is also a mission database which is shared amongst all the players and once a player has accepted a mission that mission is no longer available. Each mission has a reward which may be cash, experience points or an item.

That's the current plan anyway.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Byron wrote:...
The player can harvest resources from the planes or become a pirate and steal them from NPC's. Resources are used to further tech and also just to raise cash.
There is also a mission database which is shared amongst all the players and once a player has accepted a mission that mission is no longer available. Each mission has a reward which may be cash, experience points or an item.
Sounds a bit like Infinity: The Quest For Eath to me, however only the parts I quoted do. The other parts are definitely something completely different. (Except for the market thing - I'm not sure about that atm)
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:21 pm

Tomato tastes a bit like apricots. In that it's sweet. A bit. Sometimes. Nothing else, really.

Return to “Introversion Blog”