We love you too 2D BOY

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Nutter
level3
level3

Postby Nutter » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:37 pm

Really fun idea though darwinia properbly should be closer to bankruptcy given the unexpected development costs :wink:
d37312m1n3d
level1
level1

Postby d37312m1n3d » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:44 pm

I know the solution! :D IV should create a sims-like game from darwinia (or spore-like). Electronic Arts, here we come XD OK, it was a joke :D
I tried out the basic Goo (the tower-building stuff), and it was fun. But it's not complex enough for me :)
And btw, is there any news from Multiwinia (reviews)?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:07 pm

d37312m1n3d wrote:I tried out the basic Goo (the tower-building stuff), and it was fun. But it's not complex enough for me :)
And btw, is there any news from Multiwinia (reviews)?

I thought we were just through saying that the Tower of Goo prototype was in no way reflective of the final game ;) Check out the demo.
Also, there have been many progressive reports on the latest Multiwinia reviews posted in the news subforum, and several reviews have finally come through on Metacritic.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
MikeTheWookiee
level4
level4

Postby MikeTheWookiee » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:07 pm

World of Goo ftw. :D Stopped me playing Multiwinia, and I even decided against going round a mate's tonight to play the new Pro Evolution in favour of sitting in and trying to get past World 4 on World of Goo. But I suck at the biggest tower thing. I get to so high and it falls down, since Goo doesn't stick to sound engineering principles.
d37312m1n3d
level1
level1

Postby d37312m1n3d » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:21 am

KingAl wrote:I thought we were just through saying that the Tower of Goo prototype was in no way reflective of the final game ;) Check out the demo.

Probably you were (and in retrospect, it's like i've read something like that), but i'm not that carefully reading type. :)
I tried out the demo, and it is really far better then the Tower of Goo. (Interesting, that a goal how much better can make a game :))

KingAl wrote:Also, there have been many progressive reports on the latest Multiwinia reviews posted in the news subforum, and several reviews have finally come through on Metacritic.

I'm GlaD to hear :) (or to read :))
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:19 am

I heard of this from some people in the Adelaide Indie scene at the same time as I read this.

World of Goo is Awesome. If only I had money with which to purchase it.
d37312m1n3d
level1
level1

Postby d37312m1n3d » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:56 pm

Xocrates wrote:Almost there! Just one more ball of goo after Chronometer/Subversion!

I'm afraid it's not as simple as you think. I've played throug the demo of WoGoo and now I have some basic ideas about how these goo things work. IMHO 2dboy wants to say: without any of the balloons IV's GooStructure will sink, because of it's own weight. And the balloons effect different. In this picture, i'd build the balloon with the Xbox label. It is the most secure. And it will support one more GooBall, which is enough to the Financial Security labelled island. After this, the other can be built. (But if it is real-time, then quick work can save the day also, but this is risky.) Am I correct? :D

(Btw, i prefer pontifex more than WoGoo :))

Return to “Introversion Blog”