Long live the G15

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue May 20, 2008 3:17 pm

The Swiss QWERTZ is what you want.

Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue May 20, 2008 4:04 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:On a side-note by the way, those forward/reverse buttons don't seem to work in Firefox with me (I mainly use Opera so I usually don't care, but there are certain pages Kestrel keeps crashing on). I'm pretty sure this is a personal issue, but does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Jelco
/me loves the forward/reverse buttons

I've never had an issue with them in Firefox that wasn't my own doing, so I'd agree with you, personal issue. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
OrR
level1
level1

Postby OrR » Tue May 20, 2008 6:46 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:I think I'm too used to the hyperscroll buttons (as I like to call them) to like the Revolution, but otherwise it looks like a nice alternative. Luckily though, it still looks, feels and - most importantly - works like new, so I won't have to think about a replacement anytime soon.

Jelco

That's why the Revolution has this amazing scroll wheel that switches between stepwise and frictionless scrolling depending on the speed. It's so awesome you'll never be able to go back. It's the best mouse ever, now that I've solved my wireless problem. (The receiver needs to be facing the mouse and be quite close --> USB extension cord) The form with the area where your thumb rests is the best I ever had in a mouse. Before this, I thought my MX 500 was perfect...

Oh yeah, I spent 5 € on my last keyboard. I'm only prepared to spend more when there is a color display in every key. Another screen doesn't make much sense as I've got two huge CRTs already.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue May 20, 2008 7:26 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:
OrR wrote:The receiver needs to be facing the mouse and be quite close --> USB extension cord

Ok, you've just convinced me not to buy a Revolution. :wink:

I'm pretty sure that's not true though. It's also been said for the MX 1000 that there needs to be direct sight, but the straight line from my mouse to the receiver goes straight through my CRT. Ow, and through my PC as well at the moment, the receiver just fell off. :P

Jelco

Well, Rkiver has me convinced not to buy one (Revolution), but you're (OrR) slowly changing that. :P

As far as line of sight, I've found that for mine it depends on the battery level (duh). The lower the batter, the closer receiver. You're not supposed to place it by metal objects but I've had all kinds of metallic "stuff" blocking the line of sight with no problems. In addition, I'm pretty rough on mine. It's been dropped many many times but still keeps 'a tickin, even though it's a couple of years old now.

Heh, the only problem I've ever had, ever, was not paying attention to the battery level and the mouse go dead in the middle of a defcon game. D'oh! Glad I kept a spare around. :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
X-reX
level1
level1

Re: Long live the G15

Postby X-reX » Tue May 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Byron wrote:A spinning Multiwinian that is displayed all the time - honestly how could you live without this? You NEED this! No seriously, your life is not complete without this and you will always have a nagging feeling of hollowness.

Wow, that made me laugh hard. I wish I had this keyboard now.
Byron
level2
level2

Postby Byron » Tue May 20, 2008 11:14 pm

The MX Revolution I have is bluetooth (I believe) so no line of sight needed. The scroll-wheel is fantastic!
OrR
level1
level1

Postby OrR » Tue May 20, 2008 11:15 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:
OrR wrote:The receiver needs to be facing the mouse and be quite close --> USB extension cord

Ok, you've just convinced me not to buy a Revolution. :wink:

I'm pretty sure that's not true though. It's also been said for the MX 1000 that there needs to be direct sight, but the straight line from my mouse to the receiver goes straight through my CRT. Ow, and through my PC as well at the moment, the receiver just fell off. :P

Jelco

I had connection problems (stuttering) when the receiver was directly plugged into my PC. With an USB extension cord and the receiver nearer to the mouse, they are gone. Connection problems seem to be pretty common with the MX Revo, judging from the Logitech forums. When it connects correctly, however, it's the best mouse ever. <3
omicron1
level0

Postby omicron1 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:13 am

"Massively Multiplayer Game Development," eh? Subversion possibilities?

Mother Goose and Grimm...

"<something> and the Eldritch..."

Black and White strategy guide...

Pokemon strategy guide...

A model airplane (looks star wars-ish) on a stand...

What looks like a stack of shrink-wrapped programming books on the top shelf...

...Oh. Was I supposed to be noticing the keyboard there? My bad. Nice keyboard.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed May 21, 2008 6:40 am

OrR wrote:Oh yeah, I spent 5 € on my last keyboard. I'm only prepared to spend more when there is a color display in every key. Another screen doesn't make much sense as I've got two huge CRTs already.

Well, it's your lucky day if you have €1200 lying around! http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

(*want*)
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Wed May 21, 2008 7:03 am

The Optimus looks LOVELY. But not for $1800USD... Not a hope in hell. They'll sell, maybe, 3 of those to people who have enough money, and then no more...
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed May 21, 2008 7:05 am

Yeah, it's utterly ludicrous... I'd be very happy to somehow win one, but there's no way I'd pay for one... hopefully they'll drop the prices after a while. You can get one with just the app hotkeys with screens for a few hundred, but what's the point in that. :P
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed May 21, 2008 3:17 pm

Well this one is a bit cheaper. :wink: I've actually considered this one before, but only for a few moments.
iviv
level1
level1

Postby iviv » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:29 pm

I've got one of the original G15's and wouldn't swap it for the new one. Don't like the orange light, it doesn't look like it would fit in well with anything, I prefer the softer blue. And being able to close the screen is handy, prevents it from being damaged and makes the keyboard slightly more compact. As for the G keys, I don't really use them. I've assigned a couple, but mostly play FPS games that don't need complicated keybinds. I'm considering getting into WoW, so they may start to become more useful.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:34 am

iviv wrote:and makes the keyboard slightly more compact.

I don't think you should be talking about the old G15 being more compact whatsoever, especially since you apparently don't use any of the ... 18, is it? G-keys.

Furthermore, what is the point of you having a G15 if you close the screen (to make it more compact, huh?) and don't use the G-keys? I fail to see why you wouldn't opt for a different, less ... bloated keyboard in your case. :P

As for the colour, I personally believe that orange is the LED-colour of today (perhaps even yesterday) - it started out as green, then suddenly a few years back, everything had blue LEDs. Now, you'll find orange in many devices instead.
multimania
level2
level2
Location: Perth, Western Australia · Mountain View, California

Postby multimania » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:58 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Well this one is a bit cheaper. :wink: I've actually considered this one before, but only for a few moments.

I have a Das Keyboard. They're worth it, in my opinion, if only for the looks on people's faces when they see it.

Also, is it bad thing that I have so many of those books on my desk now?

Return to “Introversion Blog”