Little Big Indie Kids

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:09 pm

Allow me to be the first to wonder what, exactly, the musician does if the video solely uses music from The Lord of the Rings.

Allow me to be the first to then wonder why I should take this game seriously when it describes itself as "Epic" and "The First", and uses bloody LotR music.

(Oh right, you were on about the engine.)
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:20 pm

Looks like that's a fan made unofficial trailer, hence the music - unless they're just giving that impression to help generate buzz. The graphics are fairly impressive considering the team size, I can only hope the gameplay compares.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
GotNext
level0

Postby GotNext » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:38 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Allow me to be the first to wonder what, exactly, the musician does if the video solely uses music from The Lord of the Rings.

Allow me to be the first to then wonder why I should take this game seriously when it describes itself as "Epic" and "The First", and uses bloody LotR music.

(Oh right, you were on about the engine.)

Whoever put that video up edited all the tech demos back to back and put new muisc over them. That's not the original music nor were those videos ever released all together like that. I just didn't feel like posting 5 links.

I really can't comment on how great the gameplay is. They have released a longer gameplay trailer and it looks promising, but I'm more just marveling at how a garage coding project is able to pass for a big-budget blockbuster with no resources like that. These are rookie developers who started the project working from home, and now have a hot new engine that they're licensing to major developers to make their game. I totally respect the grass roots approach.

Return to “Introversion Blog”