It's all in your head, Part 3

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:34 pm

omg how did I miss this? anyway - that looks cool, if if it dosen't seem to tie in with the office pics...
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
sirvoks
level3
level3

Postby sirvoks » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 pm

I don't know :D
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:03 am

it dosen't seem to tie in with the office pics...

I can sort of see the relation, i'm just guessing here, but the offices must be in the buildings which are in the cities, the game could be some kind of large corporation simulator, not sure how it would work, however I have this feeling of what it could be like, but I can't explained it, but whatever it is it's going to be good.

Maybe you will hire programmers to hack into nuclear missile silos and rain destruction down on cities you don't like :D
sirvoks
level3
level3

Postby sirvoks » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:41 am

Spacemonkey wrote:
it dosen't seem to tie in with the office pics...

I can sort of see the relation, i'm just guessing here, but the offices must be in the buildings which are in the cities, the game could be some kind of large corporation simulator, not sure how it would work, however I have this feeling of what it could be like, but I can't explained it, but whatever it is it's going to be good.

Maybe you will hire programmers to hack into nuclear missile silos and rain destruction down on cities you don't like :D

That would be kind of neat :)
Nutter
level3
level3

Postby Nutter » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:05 am

shinygerbil wrote:This reminds me of a beautiful screensaver for Linux called Substrate. Take a look:

This is one of several different procedural content generators you can try from the site http://www.complexification.net/. This should give you some idea of how procedural content generators works.

The new subversion screenshots look interesting though its still early, I'm just wondering how its connected to the first screenshots and how it will play. Since the city is generated on its own it might not necessary be a city tycoon game (you tweek numbers but don't place individual buildings or roads). In all screenshots the city seem to be divided in two, so perhaps instead of building a city players will start in one part and try to take over the other somehow. With the level being randomly generated I'm guessing dividing the city in to more equal parts woudn't be hard so it could be 4-6 or whatever amount of players instead. Just me graping at straws :)
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:32 am

Nutter wrote:
shinygerbil wrote:This reminds me of a beautiful screensaver for Linux called Substrate. Take a look:

This is one of several different procedural content generators you can try from the site http://www.complexification.net/. This should give you some idea of how procedural content generators works.

Oooh, pretty. :P
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
sirvoks
level3
level3

Postby sirvoks » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:18 am

Yees, preeeety
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 am

Perhaps the blog should be one of the main links of the front page - instead of/as well as the IGF link. After all, if you want free publicity you might as well make it obvious to the public who stumble across the site. At the same time you could have a look at the issue with the links not changing with the images.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:40 am

xander wrote:When is IV going to release a screensaver pack? :P

Seriously -- Defcon rolling demo, Darwinia bootloaders (especially souls, raytrace, and game_of_life[_glow]), and Subversion's landscape generator.

And, obviously, Subversion is the next SimCity clone. Honestly, IV, I am a bit disappointed by yet another city simulator. Hasn't that been done to death already? :P

xander

But since introversions doing it, it MUST be good. *Pre-Orders*
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:12 pm

which language is that?
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
comradekal
level0

Postby comradekal » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:15 pm

Based almost entirely on the name, and backed up (by which i mean 'not utterly contradicted') by the screenshots i'm imagining glorious campaigns of destruction against a government or state or something done by hacking, or other things. Like a cross between Uplink and that Revolution game?

But then I do have a tendency to think most things are going to be about revolutionary vanguardism.
Akatosh
level2
level2

Postby Akatosh » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Can't wait to see this finished!
But I think I have an idea what this all could be about... at least if you guys at Introversion watched the same movie (or played the same game) as I did. Judging by a certain Darwinia unit, I guess so, though... if it is what I think, this is going to be the best game ever.
This is not a signature.
Slinken
level2
level2

Postby Slinken » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:15 pm

Akatosh wrote:Can't wait to see this finished!
But I think I have an idea what this all could be about... at least if you guys at Introversion watched the same movie (or played the same game) as I did. Judging by a certain Darwinia unit, I guess so, though... if it is what I think, this is going to be the best game ever.

Care to tell us other what you think?
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:51 pm

Hmm...

GOT IT!
You're a Darwinian in a city with unlimited wireless networking and you have a laptop. You have to hack things from places that you won't get caught at. If you're lucky and can break into a military complex, you get a Nuke Cannon and can defend against being caught. At this point, given the 'cops' start shooting at you, it turns into a FPS and you have to go on a rampage killing anyone and anything for extra $$ until either a. you die, b. you get killed from the radiation, or c. you get to the Pattern_Buffer to change your coding/coloring so the 'cops' aren't angry at you and you're at full health again... then it's back to more hacking. Also, when you destroy an entire city, you get a 500 credit bonus, and it creates a new city for you to wreak havoc in. You can break into office buildings late at night and subvert the computers there to be like the 'zombie farms' that hackers are making nowadays, creating loopholes in security and entryways into systems, as well as extra processing power, rent them out (at risk) or just have them as scapegoats.
:D

Shwart!!
Akatosh
level2
level2

Postby Akatosh » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:45 pm

That's about what I thought... well, at least everything you wrote before "Darwinian" :D.* And I'm currently thinking about telling you what I think... let's see what decision I'll make.

*= for those not gifted with german humor: that means I just agree with "You are".
This is not a signature.

Return to “Introversion Blog”