2 questions about buying itroversion games on steam

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
DrDevo
level0

2 questions about buying itroversion games on steam

Postby DrDevo » Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello Everyone !

I got 2 questions in 1 and i hope I'm in the right section of the forum to post them.

I just bought Prison Architect on steam this afternoon.
I chose the "Introversionner" pack which includes all introversion games (including Defcon and Multiwinia), plus Prison Architect !

BUT:
-I bought Defcon few years ago in a shop, and I have a dvd copy of the game.
-I bought Multiwinia few years ago on steam...

Here are my questions:
-How can i activate Defcon on steam from the dvd copy (i'd like to offer the game i have from the introversioner pack to a friend) ? Is it possible ?
-Is it possible to give steam keys of defcon and multiwinia (which i already own) to friends of mine. If it's possible, how can I do that?

This must be noobs questions... I'm so sorry ! ;-)

Dr Devo.

PS: excuse my english if it sounds broken, but it's not my mother tongue !
NeatNit
level5
level5

Re: 2 questions about buying itroversion games on steam

Postby NeatNit » Wed May 20, 2015 5:37 pm

As far as I know, this isn't possible. Sorry!
tjn
level0

Postby tjn » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:49 pm

DrDevo wrote:-How can i activate Defcon on steam from the dvd copy (i'd like to offer the game i have from the introversioner pack to a friend) ? Is it possible ?

Unless the DVD came with a Steam activation key in/on it, you can't. Valve won't have anything to do with its licensing, since I assume IV didn't pay them anything for it.

DrDevo wrote:-Is it possible to give steam keys of defcon and multiwinia (which i already own) to friends of mine. If it's possible, how can I do that?

If a game copy has been activated/redeemed (not sure what word Valve uses)—that is, if it's listed in your library (whether or not it's been downloaded)—then Valve won't let you transfer it. If instead it appears in your Steam Inventory (set the drop-down menu to "Gifts"), then you can gift, or often trade, it to another Steam user. (It'll be tagged with "Tradable" if you can trade it.) During the Steam ordering process you have to say whether you want to buy it for yourself or to transfer it to someone else. If you say the latter, it won't redeem it into your library. Unfortunately packages can't be split up. You have to redeem all the games within it together. Keep in mind that you can always redeem an item you initially answered "for someone else" about later, from your inventory (with the "add to my library" button), so if in doubt, choose that option.

DrDevo wrote:PS: excuse my english if it sounds broken, but it's not my mother tongue !

No, it's excellent. Based on that post, you'd pass for native online. :)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:23 pm

tjn wrote:
DrDevo wrote:PS: excuse my english if it sounds broken, but it's not my mother tongue !

No, it's excellent. Based on that post, you'd pass for native online. :)

I don't mean to be mean (heh), but I disagree. The grammar could use a bit of work. Thankfully and more importantly though, the intended message is very clear from the text so if the grammar is a bit bad it's not a problem ;)

Here is a tip though, DrDevo, and it's actually not specific to English. When you finish a sentence and you want to put punctuation after it (".", "!", "?"), there shouldn't be a space there.
For example:
Where is Bob ? - WRONG!
Where is Bob? - RIGHT!

Great ! - WRONG
Great! - RIGHT

:D
Heronsin
level1
level1

Postby Heronsin » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:16 pm

Satta King is an exciting game that can be a great way to pass the time. It requires a bit of luck and strategy to win, so it's important to understand the rules and regulations before playing satta king. It can be a great way to make some extra money, but it's important to remember to gamble responsibly. Have fun and good luck!

Return to “Introversion Lounge”