Hello there!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Gamecool 10
level1
level1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:58 pm
Location: Birmingham, Alabama

Hello there!

Postby Gamecool 10 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:33 am

Greetings folks! My name's Gabe. I live in Birmingham - I mean - the American one, in Alabama.

Anyways, I came upon this forum back around the Summer of 2014. I heard of Prison Architect and was all like.

http://imgur.com/nDVu0fs

So I kept tabs on Prison Architect, trying to save up for the $50 version. Around December of 2014, I received $20 as a Christmas gift. While browsing the Steam forums, I found a heck of a deal.
5 keys for 1 Name In Game Edition of PA.

I immediately bought the keys and offered the guy a trade. He accepted and all Introversion games were added to my library - One of the happiest moments of my life.

I quite liked Uplink, very atmospheric hacking simulator.
Prison Architect is obviously my favorite one so far.
DEFCON... I haven't really tried it enough yet.
Haven't played Darwina yet, but I did play the demo on the Xbox360, I don't remember a thing about the game, but I do remember it was loads of fun.

Enough rambling, I just wanted to say hello. I've been neglecting these forums for bug reporting, but with the new beta test for IPad and Android. I'm motivated to get things going.

Hope to meet some amazing people here! Cheers!
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Re: Hello there!

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Gamecool 10 wrote:DEFCON... I haven't really tried it enough yet.
Helpful tips for DEFCON. The DEFCON Information Center right here on the forums has many helpful tips and links. You may find the Defcon FAQ very useful as it has all/most answer for newplayers.

Gamecool 10 wrote:I quite liked Uplink, very atmospheric hacking simulator.
Uplink FAQ
Gamecool 10 wrote:Haven't played Darwina yet, but I did play the demo on the Xbox360, I don't remember a thing about the game, but I do remember it was loads of fun.
Darwinia FAQ
Gamecool 10 wrote:Prison Architect is obviously my favorite one so far.
Prison Architect FAQ
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Re: Hello there!

Postby Colytic » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Sicilian Hound wrote:DEFCON Information Center


What a puffed-up name for a forum thread...a rehashed one at that!
Gamecool 10
level1
level1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:58 pm
Location: Birmingham, Alabama

Re: Hello there!

Postby Gamecool 10 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:41 am

Ah.... Right.... This thread....

Well, mobile testing's begun. I'm excited to report bugs I've found and improve the game.

On another note... How the heck do you find an appropriate profile picture with such... Minuscule file size and pixels?
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Re: Hello there!

Postby Colytic » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Gamecool 10 wrote:Ah.... Right.... This thread....


Sorry! Didn't mean to disparage your thread...was referring to another one that was linked.

I forgot to say hello, so, greetings and I hope to see you around more. Have you tried Multiwinia by the way? It's huge fun.
Gamecool 10
level1
level1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:58 pm
Location: Birmingham, Alabama

Re: Hello there!

Postby Gamecool 10 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:52 am

Colytic wrote:
Gamecool 10 wrote:Ah.... Right.... This thread....


Sorry! Didn't mean to disparage your thread...was referring to another one that was linked.

I forgot to say hello, so, greetings and I hope to see you around more. Have you tried Multiwinia by the way? It's huge fun.

You did nothing wrong, sir. :P

Er... No... I haven't check out Multiwina yet. Is it anything like Darwina? I vaguely remember trying it the demo on Xbox.

I'm currently ridiculous addicted to Uplink at the moment, also juggling PA Mobile.

I'm trying to stay active on these forums, I always see great ideas and suggestions from the people here. It was a ghost town back when I joined in December though.
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Re: Hello there!

Postby Colytic » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Gamecool 10 wrote:Er... No... I haven't check out Multiwina yet. Is it anything like Darwina? I vaguely remember trying it the demo on Xbox.

I'm currently ridiculous addicted to Uplink at the moment, also juggling PA Mobile.


Hmm, yes and no. The story goes that long after the events of the Darwinia game, the Darwinians mutate into different tribes and become warlike. The gameplay is very different and consists entirely of fighting; there is no building or resource mechanic at all so you jump straight in (that's not to say that games don't often become very strategically interesting over time). I still play it with friends online ocassionally.

Gamecool 10 wrote:I'm trying to stay active on these forums, I always see great ideas and suggestions from the people here. It was a ghost town back when I joined in December though.


The lounge is still very quiet I'm afraid. There's some activity on the DEFCON subforum, and of course the PA one is teaming...
Cocoa
level0
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Hello there!

Postby Cocoa » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:01 pm

Colytic wrote:
Sicilian Hound wrote:DEFCON Information Center


What a puffed-up name for a forum thread...a rehashed one at that!


Sorry but my ethos is play nice.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest