Workman's jobs getting 'stuck'

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
crooker
level0

Workman's jobs getting 'stuck'

Postby crooker » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:35 pm

This issue may already be documented, but I thought I'd pass it along and see if there is a solution, or ask for a 'feature' in the game.

Several times, I've assigned workers to do a task like removing walls, or placing doors, and no matter what happens, the job won't get done. I'll see workers standing around doing nothing, and the jobs in the queue. No dice.

It would be really nice if you could change the priority of a job, or manually assigned a specific worker to a specific task (simply by clicking on the worker, then clicking on the job needing done) to force that worker to drop his hammer and do the assigned job.

I've also found that if I accidentally set an item to be dismantled, there seems to be no way to cancel that request.

Anyways, love the game (especially Alpha 19 which got me back into the game after a LONG absence), and I do realize it's an Alpha. So I hope my comments and suggestions help.

Thanks guys!!
straychild
level0

Re: Workman's jobs getting 'stuck'

Postby straychild » Thu May 01, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm having same problem at the moment. I had riot and after that door was broken and then things began to bundle over each other, now I have like 8 garbage bags over each other and some other materials, cant even go repair or remove the door. Every cleaner and worker just runs around doing nothing, cant fix the mess because all blocked.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Re: Workman's jobs getting 'stuck'

Postby Rkiver » Thu May 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Wrong section. Post in the Prison Architect Development forum, not the general Introversion one.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”